1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Phoenix bottle shops

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by Localdrinklax, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Localdrinklax

Localdrinklax Member

I have a friend going down there for a week. I would like him to get some stuff I can't get in Wisconsin. Pliny? Ballast? AleSmith? Alpine? A list of beers from places would be great. Thanks
  2. luwak

luwak Member

Yes Alesmith...others correct

If you do a search of this forum after using seekabrew you should find the places to go being discussed..I'm sure I've listed most of them in the state with a few sentences of comments at least couple of times...
    if you are still stuck post again and i'll make some suggestions

We do need to know where in AZ he'll be (AZ is the the sixth largest state by land area) and maybe what kinds of stuff you dig (styles)....or if you just wanted to know what good breweries AZ gets seekabrew will help you out, though it is not totally updated.

Besides those above the ones that get lots of press that we get
    Anchorage (but not Midnight Sun)
    Epic (UT)
    FW
    Deschutes
    Logsdon
    50/50
    Ninkasi
    Port/Lost Abbey
    The Bruery
    Telegraph
    Maui
    Dogfish Head
    Great Divide
  3. Localdrinklax

Localdrinklax Member

I have been on seekabrew.com and I don't think it is reliable, so I like to ask from local BA's. He will be in Phoenix and I want him to pick up stuff I have stated and local brews, including from Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico.
  4. papagobrewing

papagobrewing Member

From Nevada Tenaya Creek and Joseph James, from New Mexico Marble and Santa Fe, from Arizona Four Peaks, San Tan, Lumberyard, Oak Creek, Mudshark, Papago, Sonoran, Prescott, Mother Road, Grand Canyon, Old World, Bad Water and Nimbus all package. I would tell your friend to do his shopping at either Papago, Tops, Sun Devil or Whole Foods in Chandler or Scottsdale as he can enjoy a beer on site while he is shopping for you. In addition to the states you listed and what was already mentioned you might want to have him look for Knee Deep, Cismontaine, 50/50 Eclipse, Ska, Odell, Uinta, Wasatch, Breckenridge, Sudwerk, Rubicon, Marin, Moylans.

Cheers, Ron
    FriarTuckInLuck and luwak like this.
  5. Jefeipa

Jefeipa Member

No Alpine in AZ.
  6. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Member

Right, but thankfully his friend can get Old World, Grand Canyon, Sleepy Dog, and other locals! :)
    Geuzedad likes this.
  7. FriarTuckInLuck

FriarTuckInLuck Member

Lol, man I gotta meet you IRL sometime because you crack me the hell up. I hope the OP got his moneys worth. ;)
    Geuzedad and yemenmocha like this.