1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Phoenix for a job interview, ISO recommendations...

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by markasparov, Apr 11, 2012.

1. ... the title sort of covers it. It sounds like I'll be flying to Phoenix for a job interview in a few weeks, and though I won't be on the ground for too long (maybe a day, maybe slightly more), it'll be my first visit to Phoenix (or Arizona at all), and I'd like to try to get a bit of a sense of the city before possibly, y'know, uprooting my entire life to move there.

So I'm looking for a few recommendations--I'd like to hit the best beer bar or (two, if possible) in the city (and would love to meet a Phoenix BA or two, if anyone happens to be in those bars), but I'm also wondering what things (beer-related or otherwise), I should try to check out to give me as accurate a feel as possible in a short trip.

Thanks!!!
  2. leedorham

leedorham Champion (835) Washington Apr 27, 2006

I visit the area about once a year and it's not a beer town IMHO but you can find a lot of different bottled beer at the shops in the area. I have gone to Four Peaks Brewery a couple times and enjoy the atmosphere. The beer is good, but not amazing.

The last couple times I went to Sun Devil Liquors the beer was old and the staff acted like dickheads so fuck those guys.
  3. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Champion (930) Arizona Jun 18, 2002

BA guide for Phoenix:
    http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/city/29

I love Whole Foods Chandler (31 taps) and they're mostly great regional crafts, and European imports. Some AZ beers here too, so maybe no need to hit local brewpubs. A drive to Chandler/Tempe area will get you further spots - Flanny's, Boulders on Broadway, etc.

If you must stay in Phoenix, then there's Sun Up Brewing, a Total Wine on Camelback, Main Ingredient Alehouse, The Roosevelt, and Delux.
    Allpe45 likes this.
  4. Excellent--thanks a ton!
  5. Allpe45

Allpe45 Aficionado (200) Arizona Dec 7, 2010

What yemenmocha said, also Papago brewing in Scottsdale.
  6. Jefeipa

Jefeipa Aficionado (185) Arizona May 6, 2009

Add Taste of Tops to that list