1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Pick a Name....Any Name...!

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by MrPeabodysBeard, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Alright folks, time for your thinking hats..... We're creating a brew/special release for our upcoming (June) cellar sale (I know, we can't wait either!!). We need a name! The brew is a blend of three different Bourbon Barrels of Barleywine, made to go the long haul as you can imagine! Please nothing offensive (NC ain't easy on the label approval!), the victor shall reap the spoils!! Ready GO!

Chris
    winbassett likes this.
  2. GatorBeerNerd

GatorBeerNerd Savant (405) Georgia Sep 15, 2007

Lock, Stock, and Three Bourbon Barrels

Maybe a more beer related version

Malt, Yeast, and Three Bourbon Barrels
  3. badboy7113

badboy7113 Savant (360) Florida Jan 19, 2011

Triple Crown ....simple yet good
  4. Love the ideas of a graphic design on a Lock, Stock and Three Bourbon Barrels!!
  5. GatorBeerNerd

GatorBeerNerd Savant (405) Georgia Sep 15, 2007

6. MrPeabody'sBeer :D
    MrPeabodysBeard likes this.
  7. beernads

beernads Advocate (520) Florida May 4, 2012

The Peabody
    dachshunddude86 likes this.
  8. Rymar9

Rymar9 Savant (260) South Carolina Jan 24, 2011

Triple barrel barleywine
    Peabody's cellar reserve
  9. Liquidation ale
  10. Handle

Handle Savant (345) North Carolina Mar 16, 2009

Thrice as Nice Barleywine
    Threebody's Barrel-aged Barleywine
    For Posterity Barleywine
  11. Deltoro

Deltoro Savant (260) Florida Sep 15, 2012

Baby Blue Blend Barleywine
    or Baby Blue Barleywine

not sure which one I like better so you get both lol
  12. Qwest_35

Qwest_35 Savant (265) Florida Feb 4, 2013

Barley Legal
    Lantern likes this.
  13. The Three Barrelteers
    Bal Three (leading to the inevitable 4-barrel blend next year)
    3 Barrel Night
  14. One Barrel Two Barrel Three Barrel Floor
    Lantern likes this.
  15. 3 gun salute barleywine
  16. Qwest_35

Mob Barley 3 Little Barrels
  17. Mountainwine
  18. Qwest_35

3 of a Kind Barleywine
    Bluecane likes this.
  19. kbuzz

kbuzz Savant (495) Pennsylvania Jan 22, 2011

Perfecta Trifecta
  20. Damn, can't wait for this one. Who's doing this beer for you, Chris? Going for some Boonetown inspiration:

105 South Special
    Winkler Creek Barleywine
    Cuvée de Yosef
    Yosef
    Brown Mountain Lights Barleywine
    Blue Ridge Barleywine
    Bourbon Barrel Legend
    The High Country's Finest
    Mile High
    Bourbon Barrel Cellar Select
    ASBrew
  21. 105 Octane - Burns so good!
  22. Larry, Barrel, and Barrel
  23. Boogiedown Barleywine...Get Down, Get Down, Get Down
  24. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

Three Evil Monkeys (based on the three wise monkeys - see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil)
  25. We're pretty excited!! The Brew is going to be lovingly crafted from one of our favorite breweries in the country(and in the state;)!)! Aaaahh Yosef, My closest rival in the "scruffiest/sexiest beard contest"!
  26. One, Twice, Three Times a Barleywine
  27. A little Lionel Richie, I like the way your going!! Some of these have made us laugh out loud, aaannnd customers are giving weird looks! Keep 'em coming!
  28. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (290) Florida May 16, 2011

What's the date on the cellar sale? Wanted to come last year but missed it:0.
  29. I have not set the exact Saturday in June, but will have an answer for ya' VERY soon! I'll give everyone time to make some plans, you don't want to miss it!
  30. changing the spelling on my entry
    Liquidation Ale is now Liqui-day-chian or Liquidaychian Ale
    encompassing the wonderful day these fine liquids go on sale in the appalachian mountains
  31. How about "Peabody's presents: Kong's Barrel Reserve"?

[​IMG]
    Of course, name and label art would have to be done carefully....to avoid a nintendo lawsuit
    I'll volunteer to help with that (label art)
    Bluecane likes this.
  32. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (290) Florida May 16, 2011

haha i know i dont...only problem is i am getting married june 22nd, and then honeymooning the week after!
  33. Carolina Cuvee
  34. I'll see what I can do brother!

P.S Don't let your future bride see the "only problem" part, but just know that I understand!!:D
  35. Verecund

Verecund Savant (305) Texas Aug 31, 2008

I looked up the etymology of "Peabody" in the OED, and the word comes from the call of a particular bird—the White-Throated Sparrow. (Since the 1850s, The White-Throated Sparrow has sometimes been called "the Peabody" or "the Peabody-bird.") The bird's call is made up of two notes followed by three triple notes supposed to resemble the repetition of the name "Peabody." Most classically, as the 1915 version of The Guide to Nature relates, the bird's song is rendered as: "Sow wheat. Peabody. Peabody. Peabody."

Each "Peabody" in the bird's call could represent one of the three barrels of barleywine blended to make the beer. So I would just replace "wheat" in the bird's call with something more appropriate for a barleywine, while keeping the structure of the song. For example:

Sow Malt: Peabody, Peabody, Peabody (or Sow Malt: Peabody's, Peabody's, Peabody's)
    Sow Grain: Peabody, Peabody, Peabody (or Sow Grain: Peabody's, Peabody's, Peabody's)

Assuming you have control over the label art, it could feature three White-Throated Sparrows, each on top of a barrel.
    Bluecane likes this.
  36. "Chris's Unclean Beard"
    "Un-hopped Kevin"
    "Benny's Shrill Laugh"
    "Sparky's Delight"

No charge my friends, no charge.
  37. Handle

Handle Savant (345) North Carolina Mar 16, 2009

I like where you're going with this -- too bad it's not a wheatwine!
  38. Hilarious Brando... Maybe we should call it, "Brandon's Hipster Mustache Wax"!

And I don't think there is enough coin in the entire store that is worth your "witty" bantor.... or do I have that reversed!
  39. Wow, now that's what I'm talking about! I think we have a leader in the race! I'm already visioning the label with three white-throated sparrows nesting in a beard, singing away over some barrels! Now, I just need to figure out how am I going to train some sparrows for a picture;)!
    Verecund likes this.