1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Places for dinner and craft beer in Tilton, laconia area in NH

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by frankb34, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Anybody know of any good places for dinner and craft beer in Tilton,laconia areas in NH? Heading up there this weekend.

2. Burrito Me is a great place to stop in Laconia.

FrankLloydMike likes this.
  3. Good luck. I second Burrito Me, mostly because they always have some White Birch- which Im quite fond of. If you have the time, make a trip out to Concord and hit up Burts Better Beers and Barbs Beer Emporium. Yoou can also visit the White Birch Brewery in Hooksett if your out that way... As far as good food in Tilton, there is none. I usually go to Green Ginger which has some decent Chinese food and sushi when Im in the area.

barleywinebrewer likes this.
  4. Pretty sure no craft beer options but T-Hop has pretty good food (pizza shop type things). Also Paulie's is damn good for breakfast.

5. That's definitely one of the weaker areas for dining, and certainly beer, in New Hampshire. I still haven't made it up to Burrito Me, but based on their burritos at the Southern NH Beer Fest, I would highly recommend them. I've also heard good things about the Local Eatery--in the same old train depot as Burrito Me, I believe--but also haven't visited. I'm not sure what they have for beer, but I remember reading that they were hoping to feature local beers. There are also a number of Common Man restaurants--Camp, Lago, Lakehouse, I believe--in Meredith. Common Man tends to have pretty good, hearty, New England fare in nice settings. The beer list is rarely much to get excited about, but they do feature a nice pale ale, Common Man Ale, brewed specially for them by Smuttynose. Burrito Me would be my go-to, though. Like the North Country, the Lakes Region is kind of a black hole for beer, but it's beautiful in both places. Enjoy the weekend!

frankb34 likes this.
  6. Kinsman

Kinsman Advocate (600) California Aug 26, 2009

As others have said, that area is kind of a black hole for beer in the state. 25 minutes north on 93, in Plymouth, there's Bierdermans Deli which has excellent sandwiches and a decent tap selection (probably one of the best north of Concord actually). The deli is down an ally at basement level but above the deli at street level is Chase St. market which has a really good beer selection by NH standards if you want anything to-go.

mmcgrath likes this.
  7. And if you happen to be in the Keene area, check out Fireworks. Just had Parabola on tap last night at a beer tasting there.

8. Thanks everyone for the tips.Burrito Me sounds perfect. My wife loves Mexican food and the beer list looks good.Best of both worlds.