1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Playing Drinking Games With Craft Beer

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by TheGoldenGod, Mar 22, 2013.

1. TheGoldenGod

TheGoldenGod Initiate (0) Georgia Mar 8, 2013

It's nonsense! This post is absolute nonsense!

2. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

?????

3. repivk

repivk Zealot (95) Minnesota Dec 8, 2012

And here I thought beer was about enjoying a tasty beverage in good company. I wouldn't feel like a true BA if I didn't try to share my love for great beer. How else would someone learn that they like Rochefort 10 without trying it once?

TheGoldenGod likes this.
  4. Jake1605

Jake1605 Initiate (0) Missouri Nov 24, 2009

3 great beers that you can get easily. It's not like you cracked open a CBS, Duck Duck Gooze, & a Life & Limb.

5. epk

epk Savant (325) New Jersey Jun 10, 2008

I've gotten to the age (or maybe it's the people I play with) where more than likely the cups are filled with water and we are just taking swigs, or not, of the beer in our hand. It's also a sanitary thing I guess.

But, when I throw a party, I do buy a 30 pack of Pabst or something just in case people want to use the beer. I actually have about 5 Pabst's left over from Halloween because I just don't drink them otherwise! lol.

6. epk

epk Savant (325) New Jersey Jun 10, 2008

Hahaha. Thats great. Actually makes me think it could be an interesting way to do a beer tasting. Instead of your opponent drinking the cup, you get to drink the cup you hit... and your opponent obviously has to chug some gross macro.

BrandonOakes likes this.
  7. TheGoldenGod

Read your post again and tell me it makes sense.

For the rest of you minions, I'm loving your stories. Keep them coming, as we've all had nights of craft beer drinking fun.

8. TheGoldenGod

I should hook you up with one of my Tier 2 friends. He's cheap and also tells terrible stories.

9. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

Meh

10. Kuester

Kuester Aficionado (165) Colorado May 14, 2012

If your trying to drink craft beer and play pong, drink it out of the proper glassware, fill those cups up with water, and just drink when someone sinks one.

11. sicilian

sicilian Savant (275) Florida Sep 30, 2008

This is the only reason why everyone should get to know their neighbors.
    That way you know who has a garage fridge filled with Adjuncts or even Yuengling that they could let you "borrow"

If I could easily get the Craft beer locally, no big deal.
    But I think I would forfeit the game before opening up anything really rare or cellard

12. Pando

Pando Savant (415) Connecticut Dec 5, 2011

I wouldn't have wanted to pull out the craft but you need to keep the party going. Made the mistake once of playing with Long Island Iced Teas........lets just say one guy to this day still has no feeling under his left eye and it wasn't from a fight.

13. Jimbobebop

Jimbobebop Savant (335) Illinois Jun 12, 2013

Speaking of Drinking games,
    This video is of a guy who used some really impressive beer pong skills as an submission for the ESPN Trick Shot Your Way to the NBA Competition. It was posted on youtube a few days ago.

14. lucasj82

lucasj82 Advocate (710) Indiana Aug 13, 2009

As long a beer is being enjoyed who really cares.

ThomasMetal75 likes this.
  15. You're not really tasting your beer during drinking games. But then again, if you really like the beer and the cost of it doesn't matter to you, maybe playing with a craft beer you really like will make your game more "palatable" to you.:D

16. GatorLCA

GatorLCA Savant (455) Florida Dec 29, 2012

Some friends and I killed a keg of Jai Alai playing drinking games

17. We had a good one called beer nutz. Fill up a pitcher with beer and pound it, when you can't stand anymore pass it to the right. I'd imagine now I would do this with BCBS now, only seems logical.