Pliney around Bakersfield?

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by fixnfun, Mar 5, 2012.

1. fixnfun

fixnfun Disciple (70) Minnesota Mar 19, 2010

I have a friend who is spending the week in the Bakersfield area and was wondering if Pliney the Elder is available any where? If not what are some good local brews and the best place to find them?

Thanks

2. Sorry, no Pliny or other Russian River in Bakersfield.

My family is from Bakersfield, so I go somewhat frequently. Some decent bottles shops are American Liquor, Westchester Liquor, Imbibe and GM Liquor. None of these shops are amazing, but you'll probably come across a few good finds. Bakersfield is more of a Bud Light drinking community, so you'll probably still be able to find things like Abyss, Parabola, Black Butte XXIII, etc. still sitting on the shelf.

There aren't any good beer bars in town. I'd suggest Lengthwise though. It's a microbrew. Their beers are just alright, but they always have Kern River stuff on tap.

...Also, Kern River Brewing is about 50 miles from Bakersfield. They have another batch of Citra coming out in the next week or two. I'd definitely recommend your friend try to make it if it's a possibility.

3. fixnfun

Thanks for the information!

4. Glad to help!

Someone in this thread said that they saw some Russian River stuff at Imbibe. I've never seen any before, but maybe I'm wrong. Might be worth looking into.

5. Imbibe has Damnation. I don't remember seeing anything else, though.

6. american liquors is pretty horrid....over half their beers sit out on the floor at room temp

7. fartmaster

fartmaster Initiate (0) California Dec 27, 2011

i was just at imbibe today and they only have Redemption for 6.25.

8. fartmaster

I would check out Imibe for sure though they have a big variety of alesmith, kern river, lagunitas, great divide, hair of the dog, bruery, abita, deschuttes, uinta barleywine. they also have some really interesting stuff on tap there. One time they had a expierimental pale ale from Kern River. Lots of great finds for sure.

9. Epical8

Epical8 Aficionado (120) California Dec 30, 2010

Someone has a name man!

10. fartmaster

huh?

11. fixnfun

Thanks for all the input. I have some "local" beers coming back. Will see what is coming back.