1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Pliny bottles in Denver (close to downtown)

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by youngac, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Any advice on the best stores to try and hit to get Pliny? Close to downtown, I have a friend staying there this week.

2. Best bets downtown are Argonaut and Mr. B's. It comes in what seems to be about one month cycles, with the last one being during and after GABF. You may be in luck.

3. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (675) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

I can tell you with almost certainty there's no bottles in Denver at this time. It comes every 5 weeks typically ~7-10 days after bottling and last regular installment was Sept. 18th with an early installment during GABF week (Oct. 10-12, bottled 10/4) chances are the earliest it would hit would be the end of next week or the following week. It sells out in 24-48 hours depending on how much each store got and their bottle limits. Colorado Liquor Mart may have some as well, but not close to downtown.

4. FarmerTed

FarmerTed Savant (335) Colorado May 31, 2011

Try Superior Liquor in Superior, if you get desperate. They charge 10 bucks/bottle there, so it hangs around a few days until suckers buy it (they always do).

5. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,030) Colorado May 19, 2005

Mondo Vino in the Highlands carries it, when it arrives. Not sure when that is, thought

6. bitromp

bitromp Zealot (90) Colorado May 23, 2012

Was offered one bottle at Superior Liquor a few weeks ago and mentioned that I didn't want to pay $10 for the bottle. I was then told that it was priced around $6 so I went ahead and picked it up. Don't know if they've changed their policy on Pliny pricing or if this was a one time thing.