Pliny The Younger Sightings - Outside of Russian River

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by BlakeSmith, Jan 31, 2013.

1. jamex

jamex Savant (275) California Feb 13, 2010

If you keep your eyes (and social media) open, you'll be able to find Younger easily. I've never waited longer than 5 minutes for multiple glasses at multiple locations over multiple years. Multiple. There, I said it again.
    Multiple

heesu likes this.
  2. heesu

heesu Aficionado (155) Michigan Jul 2, 2012

Mmm...multiple.

3. JBogan

JBogan Savant (445) Nevada Jul 15, 2007

ISO: Multiple

Wowcoolman and teamizm like this.
  4. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Initiate (0) California Dec 10, 2011

Redwing Bar & Grill (2 doors down from Toronado-South) will be tapping a 1/2bbl of PtY 2-12, just belly upto the bar and tell the barkeep you want it "Younger and Younger".

HopHead84, domtronzero and Xul like this.
  5. yup - beer karma is dead. The bros should seriously think about reinstating this.....

and btw, i'll make sure to NOT tell you where i'm drinking Younger, cuz i don't know you

6. cheers to you MacNCheese! I imagine that Toronado SD will also be pouring over multiple days (like in SF)?

7. Xul

Xul Advocate (530) California May 18, 2008

Yes, because arbitrary points on an internet forum are an accurate measure of a person.

I'm crushed...have fun at Redwing Bar & Grill, you'll definitely enjoy getting PtY there!

8. at a certain place in oakland, PtY generally lasts at least a day.

tyrsis likes this.
  9. matedog

matedog Aficionado (185) California Jan 25, 2010

After failing to get into the regular line at the brewery on Saturday, I settled for getting a growler of Row 2 to go out of the back door area. Sure enough, the back door area still had about an hour wait for non-Younger. Anyway, the man at the door had a print out of where Younger was going to be. He wouldn't let us photo it, so based off of memory, it seemed like it was going to be hitting a lot of spots it had in the previous years: City Beer Store, Lucky 13, Toronado, Pi Bar. I was focused on the SF locations, so that's about all I can remember for now. He didn't have dates either, so you'd have to call the bar.

10. Steve212

Steve212 Aficionado (205) New York Dec 13, 2012

Anyone know of any locations in South Lake Tahoe that will be getting any this year?

11. hophead247

hophead247 Savant (430) California Jan 27, 2008

I'm going to go out on a very short limb, and say no place.

12. My friend stumbled into Lucky 13 last year (2 years ago?) and they were tapping the Younger keg. Pretty awesome surprise if you ask me.

13. matedog

matedog Aficionado (185) California Jan 25, 2010

I guess I was at the bar with him/her that night. My friend notified me that night that they had it. I went there and the guy poured it out of a vintage Coors tap.

14. abecall98

abecall98 Advocate (540) California Aug 11, 2007

Let us hope you don't go into beast mode this year. However, I liked your beast mode.

15. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Savant (270) California Jul 12, 2012

any ideas when kegs will pop up in LA this time around?

16. Yeah, he said he went up to get a beer and noticed everyone huddled around little 8/7 oz glasses and realized they had Younger :p

Commanche likes this.
  17. First Street in Livermore will be tapping PTY on Saturday 2/9 at 9am

18. rob133

rob133 Savant (290) California Jan 7, 2009

Lafayette Park Hotel is tapping it tonight at 5pm. I went there 2 years ago and was one of a very small number of people drinking Younger. There was a one glass limit, but as it was I managed to get 3 glasses.

19. hophead247

The Bistro in Hayward is tapping a keg today at 1pm.

20. hophead247

Went last year, and the crowd was even smaller. No limit as well.

rob133 likes this.
  21. MacNCheese

Not this year, I'm telling my 200 friends and we're going to SLAM that joint!

22. HopHead84

HopHead84 Champion (915) California Nov 29, 2006

That's an interesting perspective with (if nothing else) an innocent simplicity and a superficial plausability in its favor, but I find no merit in your view. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, life as it relates to Pliny the Younger is all about drinking Pliny the Younger, not standing in line for any length of time with strangers in order to drink it or fighting traffic after work to find out the keg blew just before I arrive.

23. Anybody know of places in L.A. that are getting it?

drewone likes this.
  24. MacNCheese

With all the newbie beer 'tards running around the 'easy' days of enjoying limited offerings of beer are long gone. Now it's tickets, sub-par dinner offerings, massively inflated prices etc... Just so I can be sandwhiched between some fat sweaty dudes who haven't seen the inside of a gym in years attempting to get a pale ale. "Beer Karma" my ass.

25. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Wanna do a roving Younger party like those guys in that HopSlam thread?

nanobrew, pmarlowe and Levitation like this.
  26. evilc

Anyone order PtY at every bar/brewery they go to during Younger season? I have been doing it. As long as I am amused....

domtronzero likes this.
  27. MacNCheese

Shit yes. We'll go in, drink it all up, get rowdy and then be a roving band of drunkturds on a Younger binge! No Tipping!

28. evilc

...and then read the thread about us the next morning on BA!!!

MacNCheese likes this.
  29. maybe i'm being obtuse, but I guess that I missed the 'advocate' part of that

http://beeradvocate.com/about

http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/code-of-conduct-faqs.12494/

"Community forums are here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions about beer, give advice, converse with other beer enthusiasts and make some new friends in beer"

30. funkel81

funkel81 Savant (455) California Jan 23, 2011

agreed. us fat and sweaty guys should be able to drink tasty beer with the veteran beer snobs whenever we want.

31. I didn't get fat from going to the gym, i got fat (and sweaty) from years of drinking beer.

32. evilc

Go to the gym and sweat, be in shape and drink beer. I solved the equation!

33. MacNCheese

Yes but the hoards of tickers are ruining what used to be fun. Between that and the traders craft beer isn't what it used to be. Besides, I don't see where it says I have to tell every little detail about every release to insure everything turns into a shitshow.

jasonmason likes this.
  34. I'll just do what I did last year - wait until Beer Week ends and everyone has left town, then enjoy as much Younger as I want on a quiet Tuesday afternoon.

penniwisdom and EBbrewpunx like this.
  35. MacNCheese

But we must also turn every bar into a bottleshare. Else it's not elitist enough. I should have PtY in one hand and Black Tuesday in the other. Check that, I'm making Black 'n Youngers. Top that, Pinkies OUT Bitches!!!

hiimrichie and besaunders like this.
  36. DrtyBvrJuce

DrtyBvrJuce Initiate (0) California Jan 17, 2013

Would that work? Are the gravities different enough to float one?

37. MacNCheese

I have no idea, you have a BT to bring to a bar so we could expirement?

38. DrtyBvrJuce

DrtyBvrJuce Initiate (0) California Jan 17, 2013

Possibly...if you tell me where i can find PtY...I might have some BT.

39. MacNCheese

I'll BM you with details, we can also try using Speedway.

40. Plain Speedway? Meh. Use BASS.