1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Pliny The Younger

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by RRtransvestification, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Squidly

Squidly Member

@ Monks yesterday. Actually wasn't too bad unless you hate crowds. I was towards the back of the line and got in in an hour.

[​IMG]

Samples of PtY were small but it was for a great cause. Also lots of other RR on tap. Supp/Cons/Sanc/PtE/BP, etc. The de Struise Double combo was pretty wild too.
    MLeicht and Giovannilucano like this.
  2. MattDbach

MattDbach Member

Anywhere else in Phila area to find PTY?
  3. corby112

corby112 Member

That's fucking crazy! I've been to a ton of events at Monks and have never seen a line like that. I woke up early(for me) and planned on heading over there around 10-10:30 but when I heard about the line I decided to wait for the crowd to thin out. I'm glad I did because it was a much more relaxed atmosphere when I arrived. I missed out on younger but I was more concerned with the raffles and double black.
  4. smakawhat

smakawhat Member

Thanks for the photo, I was about the 20-25th? person in the front of all that! WOW had no idea, but sure does explain the fun iside that's for sure.
  5. Squidly

Squidly Member

I'm surprised that the line moved as well as it did. When I left around 2:30, it was really not that crowded at all.
  6. smakawhat

smakawhat Member

Here is how my experience at Monk's turned out... it was a blast

djre4orm likes this.
  7. HokiesandBeer

HokiesandBeer Member

After a few beers you turn into a bit of a potty mouth don't ya? Haha.
  8. smakawhat

smakawhat Member

Oh your virgin ears huh...? :)
    FatBoyGotSwagger likes this.
  9. djre4orm

djre4orm Member

Hahaha I spotted myself when we were all walking in. Thanks for posting the vid!
  10. smakawhat

smakawhat Member

You're welcome, my only regret is I didn't get to interview enough people I was too busy chatting up my neighbors.

I thought of this right after the day, but I should have went right to the front of the line and interviewed/filmed the first people there (they were there at SEVEN AM!).

I would have liked to picked that persons brain for sure.

The thing was everybody there was in such great spriits, it was one of the best bar vibes I had in awhile, and yeah it was f**** crazy inside.

How can you not love having Russian River, while the bar is blasting Pantera and Megadeth... I mean SERIOUSLY!

God it was heaven...
  11. HokiesandBeer

HokiesandBeer Member

You mean my FORMERLY virgin ears. haha