1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

POLL: Killing trade partners with extras

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by minnesotaryan, Dec 1, 2012.

?

Killing trade partners with extras

Poll closed Dec 8, 2012.
  1. really fun

35.1%
  2. the most fun ever

64.9%
  1. What do you guys think?
  2. Shilt

Shilt Savant (370) Virginia Dec 26, 2011

What about the best fucking part about BA? That's my answer choice!
  3. crap, didn't think of that.
    Bluecane likes this.
  4. jawzman

jawzman Aficionado (210) Minnesota Mar 20, 2010

Too harsh. A savage beating typically suffices. Then, your trade partner is still alive for future deals, and the extras also survive for consumption later.
  5. but I like to bury them in beer.
  6. jbck109

jbck109 Savant (295) Michigan May 30, 2010

Then they drink the mountain of beer and become super BAs and bury you in an even bigger mountain of beer, and the vicious cycle continues.
  7. tis the nature of the game.
  8. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

This made me think of [Super] Shredder emerging from the rubble in Secret of the Ooze. Thank you for that.

As for the thread, extras are indeed really fun. But make sure to follow up with the trader and let him or her know that you appreciated them and what you thought of the beers!
  9. match1112

match1112 Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 2, 2011

When you leave them speechless you know you did right.
  10. fuck their porch
  11. Damn it, I selected only after reading the first choice.

I choose B!
  12. I was packing an outgoing trade into a box sent to me a while back by axeman9182 the other day, and I found a bottle of 3F Golden Blend in the bottom that I had completely missed. I'm looking forward to blowing up his brain next time I have a chance to ship him beer.
    JxExM and NJOssie like this.
  13. FTowne

FTowne Initiate (0) Missouri Jan 27, 2012

I've been embarrassed to the point where I sent a "just because" box and begged my partner to not send anything back, just so I felt like I was caught up. I'm looking at you, Tom.
  14. ChadQuest

ChadQuest Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 4, 2009

[​IMG]
    JxExM, trxxpaxxs, MarkIntihar and 7 others like this.
  15. FTowne

[​IMG]
    JxExM, Bad_Trader, trxxpaxxs and 7 others like this.
  16. robinsmv

robinsmv Initiate (0) Florida Jun 24, 2010

If we are talking about the same Tom (rip apocalypsezombie) then I did the same thing.
  17. FTowne

Nope. trxxpaxxs.
    crushedvol and trxxpaxxs like this.
  18. match1112

at least he died doing what he did best, entertaining the masses.
  19. robinsmv

robinsmv Initiate (0) Florida Jun 24, 2010

I prefer to think of him as on vacation rather then departed. Protip: always have a second method of contact with your good trading partners in case one decides to lure a bigot who is making slanderous comments into hitting on a dude.
  20. match1112

Zombies always come back. Till then..................tickers tuesday in memory of.
  21. brewbetter

brewbetter Savant (400) Nauru Jun 2, 2012

I haven't been blown away by the extras I've received. Maybe it's because I didn't blow the other person away.
  22. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

Better than Christmas
  23. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

I do an IP trade with Ryan this weekend. We hadn't really planned to trade anything in particular, more just meeting up for a beer and swapping a few bottles. He proceeds to fucking KILL me with these beers:

Black Butte XXIV
    Steel Toe Size 7 & Dissent
    Indeed Day Tripper & Midnight Rider
    2008 BCBS
    2010 Abyss
    2011 Abyss
    2012 Abyss

Awesome BA who clearly loves slamming others with ridiculous beers. I'd say he's the king of extras.
  24. this dude is not lying.
  25. You have killed me though too though, just trying to get you back.
    robinsmv likes this.
  26. NJOssie

NJOssie Savant (265) New Jersey Feb 28, 2012

best pissing contest ever!
  27. 1noa

1noa Aficionado (235) Illinois Mar 24, 2011

Love giving extras and paying it forward...always have fun putting boxes together and hoping i can quench a fellow BA's thirst.
    ehammond1 and Bluecane like this.
  28. i was expecting a considerably different thread when i saw this on the front page:

[​IMG]

(i was expecting a thread about dropping trade partners, which many people around me have done.)
  29. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Can you provide any more details on this? I have seen you elude to it several times but I am struggling to understand how those are "trading partners" if they get pissy and drop a Midwest trader because they couldn't snag an extra Cherry Rye or whatever the flavor of the month is. Makes it sound like the greedy ones are the left coasters who couldn't get what they wanted so they took their ball and went home. Perhaps I am reading it wrong which is why I am asking for some clarification. Doesn't seem very advocate like.
  30. i don't think anyone is pissy; it's more of an attitude of 'meh, not worth it.' no one is saying their midwest guys are holding out.

sorry to have alluded to it several times; i considered it a personal triumph, as i've been converting my buddies to the mindset that trading isn't very worthwhile. but in celebrating, i may be giving the wrong impression of the attitudes involved. my apologies for that. i wouldn't want to burn bridges for OTHER people. i burn plenty of my own.
  31. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Ok so more of a stop trading in general thing vs just no longer trading with specific people or groups of people. Can totally relate to that sentiment.
    harrymel likes this.
  32. This is the aspect I miss the most from trading now that I have given it up.
  33. TomTwanks

TomTwanks Initiate (0) Ohio Apr 5, 2011

Extras are for scrubs
    MarkIntihar, crushedvol and ChadQuest like this.
  34. says the guy who killed me with me extras
  35. trxxpaxxs

trxxpaxxs Advocate (650) New York Mar 5, 2010

Thanks for the kind words, FTowne. Just trying to spread some beer love. You send great boxes. Will trade with you again/10.
    MarkIntihar and FTowne like this.