Porch Destroyer BIF Hints and Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by EgadBananas, Mar 10, 2013.

1. You killed it!
    I am super excited to go hunting again. I've got about 100oz set aside. My local ups store is gonna shit when I ship.
    Let's keep this rolling hard.

Also is there a master list to see who all is involved? Could help research.

2. Summer78

Summer78 Savant (330) Illinois Jan 18, 2013

I like that I'm not the only one setting beer aside already. I have a solid 150+ earmarked, but that's due to change for freshness' sake.

3. Andygirl

Andygirl Savant (280) Michigan Jan 3, 2013

I've got things labeled "BIF DO NOT USE". Needed when the spouse drinks and 7 of his buddies come over for poker. You never know what might get opened, and then worse, not drank. :eek:

4. duceswild

duceswild Advocate (740) Maryland Feb 8, 2010

I've been putting items aside to, though would like to include some local IPAs that I hope will be available come my turn :)

5. Yeah that's my problem, I keep getting all the great IPA's right now but don't want to sit on them for months for this to play out, just going to have to find new tasty delicious ones when the time comes!

6. JM03

JM03 Initiate (0) Ohio Nov 12, 2010

I'm going to buy some stock in FedEx. Their profits are going to skyrocket in result of this BIF.

7. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (525) Texas Nov 27, 2011

I have about 150-200 oz put aside already, but the list is subject to change at any time. Good times!

8. Anyone else dying for some hints?!

9. wyatt13

wyatt13 Savant (475) Illinois Feb 13, 2011

The more I think about it, the more I like Evan's idea of including a non-beer-related surprise in our boxes. Whether it's some locally roasted coffee, maple syrup, hot sauce, or whatever, I think it's an awesome touch!

As for me, my lucky (?) target may be receiving a bottle of Jeppson's Malört :eek: . From the bottle: "During almost 60 years of American distribution, we found only 1 out of 49 men will drink Jeppson Malort. During the lifetime of our founder, Carl Jeppson was apt to say, 'My Malort is produced for that unique group of drinkers who disdain light flavor or neutral spirits.'"

10. kmello69

I had no idea what that was, and had to look it up. Don't know what to make of it when their own web site says "Don't worry, we wont spam you - drinking Jeppson's is punishment enough." :eek:

11. TysonA

TysonA Savant (330) Washington Dec 12, 2010

As the excitement continues another 75 oz got secured today...

12. kmello69

The waiting is the hardest part......

13. I have a couple vacations planned throughout the year so I'm hoping its my turn to ship directly after one of the trips... Philly distro plus either a haul from San Diego or Vermont depending on the time of year.

14. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Savant (400) Minnesota Dec 10, 2006

I have pretty much everything I need already...so anything I pick up (I travel all over the country for work) is a bonus my target will surely enjoy. :D

15. wyatt13

I am hoping to load up on some regional goodies in upcoming travels as well. Next week I'll be in Tampa for my Spring break before heading home to Wisconsin to spend Easter with my parents. A wheel of cheese may also have to be acquired...

16. MegDuf32

MegDuf32 Aficionado (135) Ohio Jan 12, 2011

I've got my potential target narrowed down to three, with the inital 150oz packed and ready. This regional snack thing im going to have to work on. : )

17. Oh, any hints yet?

18. MegDuf32

Target has been picked.

Hint #1: They have an avatar.

19. JM03

Yess!!

20. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (470) Utah Jul 12, 2012

After Egad's first box someone BETTER remind me when there's a version 2.0. I would love to fuck up someone's porch!

21. kmello69

I'm still in! :)

22. TysonA

TysonA Savant (330) Washington Dec 12, 2010

As my avatar would say "I am still alive"

23. Woohoo still in on this one!

24. Woohoo! I'm still in it!!

A wheel of cheese?! Most excellent!

25. That would be the real porch destroyer right there, a giant box of beer AND a wheel of delicious cheese, my god man, its almost too much for my brain to handle right now!

26. I've got an avatar

27. If that cheese ends up on my porch, YOU Sir just earned yourself half of it!

28. wyatt13

Not only will I destroy someone's porch, but I may destroy their colon too!

29. Still dying for hints!

"Are we there yet?! Are we there yet!? Are we here yeeeeet!?....."

30. Ahh, but having my colon destroyed for a week is a'ok when it comes to delicious cheese!

31. MegDuf32

Hint #2: My target is a make member of the species.

32. MegDuf32

Male*. Haha no more hints while drinking.

33. Wait a minute... aren't you the only female in this BIF?

34. I totally have a "Y" Chromosome! Haha

35. MegDuf32

Nope, there's more than one female. And I need to keep my hints obscure until im closer to shipping.

36. Hmm fair enough...We'll be here...waiting until that time...

37. Andygirl

Andygirl Savant (280) Michigan Jan 3, 2013

No, she's not :) Who would think two girl BAs in one BIF?! Must be a record ;)

38. Question for all...?
    Dietary restrictions from anyone? Vegan? Vegitarian?

39. lymph

lymph Aficionado (180) California May 10, 2010

I am vegetarian, but by looking at your avatar, the odds of you shipping to me is close to nil. But for everyone else's info, I am veg, though if sent non-veg items, they will find a good home in he bellies of members of my tasting group.

40. JM03

I eat anything and everything.