1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Portland Maine Pub Crawl to Benefit Multiple Sclerosis Plane Pull Team

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by fdrich29, Feb 29, 2012.

1. fdrich29

fdrich29 Savant (415) Massachusetts Jan 12, 2004

Hey everyone,

In what is becoming a yearly tradition, members of my Multiple Sclerosis Plane Pull Team, "Forza Azzurri", will be having a Pub Crawl in Portland, Maine Friday, June 8th. We'd love for you to join us!

The idea behind the MS Plane Pull is fairly simple, teams of 25 people play tug-of-war with a 72-ton Fed Ex Jet, trying to be the fastest team to pull the plane 12 feet. It's a great fund raiser in the fight against MS.

Last year we started at Allagash with a 3pm tour of the brewery, followed by The Great Lost Bear, Novare Res, Gritty's and Nosh. The line up for this year is not complete, but I will post more information as we get closer to the Pull. While certainly not mandatory to join us on our big night out in Portland, we are suggesting donations of $20. Any help you can give us to put an end to MS is greatly appreciated! The Crawl will be pay-as-you-go

MS is a disease that has affected my family, my mother was diagnosed in 1994. I participate in several MS fund raising events each year, including the MS Challenge Walk on Cape Cod, the Climb to the Top of the Hancock Tower and, the most fun of all, the Portland Plane Pull.

Please let me know if you'd be interested in joining our team for the Pull, the more the merrier! All it takes is a $40 donation and the desire to pull a 72-ton plane. And let's be honest, who wouldn't want to say they pulled a plane? Last year we can in 10th at just over 5.6 seconds. This year we're going to do even better!

Here's a link to the Event on BA
    http://beeradvocate.com/events/info/51425

Hope to see you there!

Cheers!
    Frank