1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Portland Oregon mini trip suggestions?

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by trevorjk, Feb 4, 2013.

1. trevorjk

trevorjk Savant (330) Netherlands Aug 28, 2009

So the wife and I are at odds between Portland and possibly Hawaii for a little mini vacation when we are back in the states in June.

Now i know there are quite a few good places to visit and all. But what are some good/great brew pubs that offer some good/great beer and good/great food that doesnt break the bank? We would be in town Monday - Thursday in the middle of june. Any other must visit places for a good beer?

Otherwise, it will be a lazy vacation with hiking and exploring. Probably go down to the coast for a night and probably stay on the Columbia river gorge area one night. So traveling a bit is not a problem :)

Thanks in advance for any information!

2. trevorjk likes this.
  3. Are you really trying to decide between Portland and Hawaii for a mini-vacation?

4. I'd go to Portland over Hawaii if cost was an issue. Hawaii's $$$.

5. oregone

oregone Savant (375) Oregon Jul 2, 2008

I live in Oregon. I might still choose PDX if $ was a set amount. Of course, my girl may hate me.

6. But if Hawaii was never in the discussion due to cost, they wouldn't be at odds, would they? If Hawaii isn't in their price range, Portland would be a fine vacation destination. But if they're trying to decide between the two, it's a no-brainer. If he wants Portland for the beer and she wants Hawaii (for any reason), he better get his head on straight.

KiMiRaiK likes this.
  7. Do both. can fly direct from portland to Hawaii. spend a day here get your beer fix then get some sun and make the wife happy

KiMiRaiK and beertunes like this.
  8. trevorjk

trevorjk Savant (330) Netherlands Aug 28, 2009

9. Because no one's ever wanted to go on a vacation they don't have the money for. :)

BuckeyeOne likes this.