1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

[Portland, Vancouver] Seen any Bigfoot 2011 bottles?

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by djbreezy, Mar 22, 2012.

1. djbreezy

djbreezy Advocate (510) Washington Dec 16, 2008

As I added a 2012 Bigfoot to my cellar I realized that I completely missed a year between my last 2010 bottle. Has anyone seen 2011 packs around town? I honestly haven't even looked but was curious if they're easy to come by at all.

2. boMD

boMD Savant (315) Oregon Feb 8, 2009

Try Johns Market. Shit always just to sit on the shelves there. Which is why I avoid anything that needs to be consumed fresh from there. However, old stock has its advantages when looking for something like Bigfoot Ale.

The guy at Woodstock Wine and Deli ages a bunch of beer. Lots of Bridgeport, Anchor, and Sierra Nevada especially. He then pulls bottles out every so often and stocks them in the cooler. It's really a hit or miss if you're looking for a specific vintage. However, even if you don't find what you want, you'll still be able to grab some choice vintage bottles and a reasonable mark up.

djbreezy likes this.
  3. boMD

djbreezy likes this.
  4. guajolote

guajolote Savant (415) Oregon Sep 12, 2008

Bridgetown Beerhouse might have some. They had a bunch of vintages available during the BA bottle share a couple months ago. Not sure about 2011, but you might want to give them a call.

djbreezy likes this.
  5. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (530) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

might be available at beermongers

djbreezy likes this.
  6. djbreezy

Thanks everybody. You guys are awesome.

7. I could've sworn I saw 2011 sitting on the shelf at Market of Choice (on Terwilliger) when I was there a few weeks ago. It might be worth checking into- I often see brews there long after they sell out at other places...

8. While we're on the topic of '11 vintage barleywines in PDX: Has anybody seen Doggie Claws hanging around lately?

9. boMD

I believe I saw some at the beginning of the month at the Whole Foods on NE 15th and Fremont.

muchloveforhops3 likes this.
  10. Mahlik

Mahlik Aficionado (245) Oregon Aug 21, 2010

I'm pretty sure Bailey's has some

muchloveforhops3 likes this.
  11. @boMD/Mahlik: Thanks guys!

12. djbreezy

I'm sure Apex has it for like $26 a bottle or something ridiculous if you're desperate.