1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Portsmouth Brewery Royal Impy Stout?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by lostsurf24, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Saw this today in the brewery notes. It's a snipit more info then we previously had. So peoples thoughts, ideas, comments... Is this the real name? How close to Kate or is it completely different?

Cheers and happy royal dreaming

2. Brez07

Brez07 Initiate (0) Maine Sep 29, 2009

Link? Don't see it on the brewery notes blog...

3. I am excited, that is all.

MarkF150 likes this.
  4. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Interesting.

Go Tyler!

Cheers All.......

seplo and BleepBloopBlap like this.
  5. Yea, So stoked for him. Coulnd't be a better person in charge there now. Seems passionate, happy, and loves what he does. My few interactions with him were great.

FrankLloydMike likes this.
  6. and for the record...the only reason I even mentioned Kate in here was to get ya'll chattering and some excitement going for this new brew.

But it is what it is. A beer brewed by Portsmouth Brewery we will all try and hopefully enjoy

7. I'm sure it will be a completely different beer (from Kate the Great), but I'm looking forward to it. To be honest, though, I'm more excited about the collaboration saison with Oxbow - bring it!

LostTraveler and Gosox8787 like this.
  8. Brez07

Brez07 Initiate (0) Maine Sep 29, 2009

9. Maybe, but the name certain implies some similarity to Kate

10. It's said imperial stout there for a while now. All they did was put "Royal" on it.

11. Do you know what they call an imperial stout in France?

12. It was more info...and now you have more...happy?

13. Oh cool. So now I know it tastes like a stout too.

14. I'm just trying to start a little excitement around a new beer at a bar I have loved for years and get peoples minds off the one they will not be making anymore. What's the problem there? Why even argue?

15. Talking about Kate's replacement does not take my mind off Kate.

Stockfan42 likes this.
  16. Patience, fellow BAs. Tod Mott will have his new operation up and running before you can say Vanilla Double Oaked Eiskabert. In the meantime, I think Tyler and Co. have put together a nice little plan for Portsmouth Beer Week.

smutty33 likes this.
  17. She is long gone, Glad I got to Kate day 09 and tried others. I gotta move on

18. Wish I never traded my last Kate...but how as I to know???

19. Cue the guy from Eb's to give us a lesson on the difference between Imperial Stout and Royal Imperial Stout. lol.

dciBA likes this.
  20. drocpsu

drocpsu Savant (265) New Hampshire Dec 25, 2006

Looking forward to it!

21. mklisz

mklisz Advocate (655) New Hampshire Dec 31, 2010

[​IMG]

smutty33 likes this.