1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Positive Trading Karma

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by given2flybrewing, Feb 14, 2013.

1. I'm fortunate to have a number of awesome trade partners, locally and not so locally. The best part about trading is that I've made a number of very good friends out of it. Totoropanda, Evilc, thebeerbug, cosmicevan, dtmets, speedwayjim, Jbuddle, Sean and mike, I'm sure I'm leaving people out. You guys are awesome!

2. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (340) Florida May 16, 2011

jaispoann has really outdone himself...what turned out to be him looking for CCB regulars has turned into a relationship that will continue for quite some time. in december he searched all day for me 2 cherry ryes and 2 BCBCS stouts...i sent him a whole case of hopslam last week and he said a mystery box was coming and it came today: 6 nugget nectar and great lakes edmund fitzgerald...which i might add was a box that was not planned..i cant wait to repay him with some phenomenalbeers to get back even....

on a side note, all the traders i have dealt with have been top notch. i just hope the boxes i have sent have been the same way. generous extras (especially sliks) as well as great packing. in the 30 trades ive done, only 2 bottles have broken and it wasnt the fault of the trader (ive sent way worse boxes packed and they made it lol).

GrumpyOldTroll likes this.
  3. I'll be another one to add that in ~60 trades I've had pretty much nothing but great experiences with the trading community. Just today I received my first box from MinnesotaMoon, and it put a nice sized dent in my porch.

GrumpyOldTroll likes this.
  4. brian4beer

brian4beer Savant (340) Indiana Jan 27, 2013

New here and just started trading. Have traded twice with Heyta and was a great first person to trade with. This can be very addicting and my wife is already annoyed.

5. Sounds like it's time to get rid of the wife. This thing takes commitment and you can't have those sorts of distractions.

6. You're no slouch either when it comes to bombs landing on the porch. I'm still baffled how a 4 pack of backwoods bastard turned into that box I received. I have my own tricks up my sleeve to repay in kind.;) Tell your liver I apologize ahead of time.

7. brian4beer

brian4beer Savant (340) Indiana Jan 27, 2013

I just spit out my coffee on the keyboard that was f-ing hilarious! Thanks sensei

gpawned and GrumpyOldTroll like this.
  8. Romulux

Romulux Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 28, 2008

This is just the kinda "sound" information and advice that the interwebz were created for.:)

My method has been to stick it out with the same woman for 20 years. After year 15, they do not give a flaming crap what you do as long as you are not bothering them.

chase2634, cavedave, gpawned and 3 others like this.
  9. jl28r1

jl28r1 Savant (490) Texas Jan 10, 2011

And there is always enough money in the account for her to buy shoes! ;)

Romulux and gpawned like this.
  10. mattafett

mattafett Savant (465) Iowa Mar 9, 2009

Just got a box from new trader nuckbuc. He wins the trade! We did a simple $4$ Hopslam (me) for a combo of Flower Power and Nugget Nectar. I threw in some nice IA locals, he threw in a bottle from every brewery he had available to him it seemed. His communication is excellent, and he asked all the right questions. If you have the opportunity, trade with him!!

11. futura123

futura123 Savant (340) California Jul 29, 2010

Seem like he loses the trade badly. ;) We need a guidance how to win the trade (old IPA as extra, locals for limited release, bidding, hold the beer and wait for best offer, hype the shit out of local, pretrade beers that may not even released...) Alewatcher needs to put together a new blog.

12. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 5, 2012

Gotta love a LIF that turns into a gang bang. Thanks for the thoroughly entertaining LIF and I hope Brad gets all that's coming to him.

lucas1801 likes this.
  13. I figured I would chime in and say thank you to the people who made my first month on here awesome. They answered questions, shared beer knowledge.. and shared beer also! So thank you to all of you, but especially the following!

CFH64 or Brad... you sent me a box of beer before I even had a chance to finish packing your box!
    Gpawned
    Lucas 1801 for starting the epic Brad LIF.
    Wassailwilly
    Mcooly (my first trade)
    Flying Kelly

... There are many more of you, and this thank you list will grow... but for now I will keep it basic.

GrumpyOldTroll, lucas1801 and gpawned like this.
  14. DogfishJoe

DogfishJoe Savant (460) Ohio Feb 14, 2010

^^^
    how about this guy right here! one of the best ba imo. my first trade ever was with Sonofalime and was great! lots of extras included.

BeatsBeerBG likes this.
  15. Wanted to share a "cool story bro" :D that I just experienced. I'm a believer in Beer Karma! Recently did my first trade with someone that was very considerate and helped me out big time. I sent first and was definitely a rookie on the extras part of the trade.

Sent something extra that I thought they would like. When I got my package back, the BA I traded with hooked me up big time with some amazing extras! Felt bad because for what I sent I felt I got the upper end of the trade...for sure.

Decided to send out some additional extras yesterday to make up for it unannounced. I know it wasn't probably necessary, but it kept nagging at me that I should hook this BA up with more.

On top of this...got some HT in the trade and dropped one off to my buddy yesterday...he was really amped since he had never had it.

Last night I was hanging with the fam and got a call that I had won a pint of PTY in a raffle that I had entered at Beachwood! Stoked...Beer Karma is real!

cavedave, oldp0rt and gpawned like this.
  16. Do you still have to wait in the hours long line, or will it be pre poured and awaiting your grand arrival?
    Raffling off a single pint is such a weird concept, but congratulations.

gpawned likes this.
  17. Thanks! Get to walk right in and get a pint with my ticket any time I choose over the next two weeks : )

For the second year Beachwood BBQ raffles off $5 tickets with the proceeds going to Melanoma research. If you win you get a pint, if you don't then at least the $ goes to a good cause.

Check it out http://www.lbpost.com/life/20000017...r-into-charity-money-with-raffle#.USRYyYe9LCQ

glitchedmind likes this.
  18. Just received a box from yeahnatenelson, very pleased that my first trade via the forums in 2+ years was completed with a class act trader. I know he has a good reputation but it never hurts to add just a little more. Creating solid, off forum, trading partners is essential but it is somewhat difficult to jump back in and I'm glad that I was able to do so with a pro.
    (Killer Extras as well)

Lordkrystic, gpawned and cavedave like this.
  19. Gotta give a shout out to the OP of this thread, given2flybrewing. He just sent me a very nice box with some great extras and a nice piece of swag to boot.

He's definitely earned some positive trading karma from me!

given2flybrewing likes this.
  20. jb123

jb123 Savant (485) Michigan Dec 3, 2012

I agree what a great group of humans, BA!

RWNay likes this.