1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $14.99 (US/print only). Offer ends April 30. Subscribe now! (Because great beer deserves great stories AND readers.)

Post a picture with you and your favorite standby beer!

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by devlishdamsel, Dec 26, 2012.

1. A very old picture, yet appropriate I feel.
    [​IMG]

2. We passed the boot around at a cousins B-day party when the bartender filled it for us. As for the beer well I don't have a favorite so pretty much the one in front of me.
    [​IMG]

ehammond1 and devlishdamsel like this.
  3. PoopChute69

PoopChute69 Initiate (0) Poland Oct 24, 2012

4. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

http://*blocked*/images/Sam-Calagione.jpg

5. Pecan

Pecan Savant (445) Arizona Dec 20, 2012

A little blurry... On tour at the Ayinger factory with some fresh Jahrhundert. That and their Oktoberfest Marzen are my standbys. Couldn't find any pictures of me with a Robert the Bruce, but that takes up a lot of space in my fridge too.

[​IMG]

ehammond1 and devlishdamsel like this.
  6. Jealousy abounds! I see that there is no shortage of smiles on this thread!

7. Why does this look different than normal Duvel?

8. The black label instead of the white label? I think that was right before they switched colors. Before that all of the bottles had black colored labels if memory serves.

9. pinkgrenade

pinkgrenade Savant (320) California Aug 19, 2011

i have problems because duet seems to be a go to for me
    [​IMG]

devlishdamsel and ehammond1 like this.
  10. pinkgrenade

but i usually drink pliny... heres the latest photo of that enjoy!!!! [​IMG]

devlishdamsel and ehammond1 like this.
  11. Pecan

Pecan Savant (445) Arizona Dec 20, 2012

Are you sure you *enjoy* Pliny though? Looks more like somewhere between terrified and disgusted...

12. pinkgrenade

i was looking for a photo to post and realized i dont ever drink it from a bottle. or take photos with bottles apparently. and just thought that photo was amusing and needed to be shared. but i drink pliny a few times a week, very sure i enjoy it thoroughly :)

ehammond1 likes this.
  13. Because there's two things in the picture that you don't normally see in a picture of a Duvel.
    ....hand lotion and an unmade made. ;)

14. Devi0us

Devi0us Advocate (555) California May 3, 2011

One of my favorite stouts, year round and readily available...Replace Speedway with BCBS if it EVER gets distributed year round...
    [​IMG]

Cheers!

tronto and devlishdamsel like this.
  15. say what?

16. That's some serious love!

17. It actually happens to be what I am sipping on tonight. I have lots of standby beers, but when it's nine degrees outside, I can always count on a few of these to warm me up.
    [​IMG]

devlishdamsel likes this.
  18. CA_Infidel2o9

CA_Infidel2o9 Savant (310) Dec 1, 2012

[​IMG]
    not really a stand by, but a whole pitcher to myself of BJs Pumpkin Ale for my bday was pretty awesome!

devlishdamsel likes this.
  19. BCBS>>>>>>>>>>Speedway. :cool:

20. \m/

JxExM likes this.
  21. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (730) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

My profile picture is of me with some measly human balancing a DFH Indian Brown Ale on my head.....

YogiBeer likes this.