1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Post here if you're drinking the 'slam!

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by mzeld, Jan 11, 2013.

1. mzeld

mzeld Savant (260) Michigan Mar 5, 2012

Just picked up 2 sixes today! SO EXCITED. Haven't had it since May :(
    tectactoe likes this.
  2. chronie

chronie Aficionado (170) Illinois Aug 1, 2011

Is this in the Chi yet?
  3. Lipsntoes

Lipsntoes Savant (295) Ohio Jul 15, 2012

Where should I post if I'm pissed that I'm not? Anyone??
    forrestbetts and nickapalooza86 like this.
  4. adamdarcy

adamdarcy Savant (425) Michigan Feb 26, 2008

Only my third year having this. It's been great every year, and it takes on a TOTALLY different taste when aged a year. An 'aged' IPA is a contradiction in terms, but not for this one, IMO. Not my best IPA, but very very good.
  5. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (410) Illinois May 6, 2012

Next week!
  6. I was not impressed with last year's, hoping this years will be better.
  7. Lipsntoes

Same here in Dayton. Tic Tic Tic.....
  8. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Lots of Hopslam being drank here...
  9. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

10. psykosis

psykosis Savant (320) Indiana May 21, 2009

Halfway through my first pint of the year. Quite happy with it.
  11. pest

pest Savant (375) Ohio Sep 2, 2007

Have the hops faded yet?
  12. Come on and slam, and welcome to the jam?
    dlello2 likes this.
  13. Gonna have to try again tomorrow..sadly, it doesn't taste as hoppy to me. Not joking...wondering if my mouth is broke :(
  14. mzeld

mzeld Savant (260) Michigan Mar 5, 2012

Sadly, I agree with you....damnit.
  15. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (465) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

Here
    JohnB87 likes this.
  16. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Champion (840) Michigan May 8, 2006

I generally post here when I am drinking hopslam. Posting in this thread would be a duplication of work and such inefficiencies are just not in the budget.
    tommyz likes this.
  17. ypsifly

ypsifly Savant (390) Michigan Sep 22, 2004

Merchant's in Dearborn put the bulk of their allotment on the shelf at 3 this afternoon. Four cases gone in 15 minutes! That's with the two sixer limit. Good thing the store around the corner from me got a couple cases in as well. I'll get into my case tomorrow night.
  18. [​IMG]

Picked one 6 pack at Merchant's in Dearborn for $17.99.
    I didn't know there was a limit, maybe that's why people were purchasing some with their significant other!
  19. midlifec

midlifec Savant (480) Michigan Aug 6, 2006

Bought some for 16.99 yesterday, found some later for 15.99. This years is drinking great.
  20. tommyz

tommyz Savant (475) Michigan May 28, 2007

Seriously, had a "few" Hopslams at @thecincolagos in Milford, Mi...And during happy hour they were only $2 f'ing dollars...
    je1129 likes this.
  21. Posted this in another thread, but Champane's in Warren had it for $13.99 a six, with a case limit. Grabbed two sixes. You can all imagine that it that price it was flying off of the shelf.
    forrestbetts likes this.
  22. wizzy

wizzy Aficionado (165) Michigan May 20, 2006

Had two tonight...very tasty, don't agree with others who were saying it wasn't as hoppy this year, my mouth is a'tingle right now.
    forrestbetts likes this.
  23. More for me!
  24. Kzoo, I will let you know the next time I'm at Bell's cafe. I will buy you a beer just to witness your beer awesomeness.
  25. 33nickadams

33nickadams Savant (270) Michigan Apr 12, 2010

I'm 'slammin' right now! Got to love the stuff.
  26. jplopez21

jplopez21 Savant (470) Illinois Nov 14, 2012

I was told binnys by me (plainfield) gets bell's distros on fridays. Dont know about any other binnys or stores.
    chronie likes this.
  27. thebeerisgood

thebeerisgood Savant (250) Indiana Mar 13, 2011

You can buy him a beer, but only locals are deserved enough to behold his beer awesomeness.
  28. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (705) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

No, comes in the next 7 days is what I heard. Drinking off a sixer from a trip to bells :)
    chronie likes this.
  29. JoelZ

JoelZ Aspirant (40) Michigan Jan 14, 2013

We have HopSlam for $15.99 a sixer. Jamestown Quik Stop in Hudsonville MI (Between Grand Rapids and Holland). We still have 3 Bottles of Frangelic Mountain Brown left as well if anyone is interested. We get a limited supply of the Founders backstage brews every release.
  30. BUNZILLA

BUNZILLA Advocate (645) Indiana Jan 14, 2011

Just hit NWI ... Ahhh Boomstick .... looks like its already 11 days old , to be honest its kinda of a faded mess at this point :(

JK
  31. bubseymour

bubseymour Advocate (565) Maryland Oct 30, 2010

I was told it wouldn't be available in Virginia until February by a bottle shop that carries Bells beers? Any truth to this as an overall statement for Virginia or just this bottle shop perhaps?
  32. Lipsntoes

I am drinking the 'Slam! First from a case purchased earlier today.
  33. Bogforce

Bogforce Savant (360) Ohio Sep 2, 2010

Joking aside. I had it on tap tonight and at home in a bottle. Both were a shell of last years version. I hope something is wrong with the 01/03/13 batch.
  34. HansCastorp

HansCastorp Aficionado (100) Ohio Mar 16, 2007

Good lord, it's nice. I was out of the country last year and missed it for the first time. Nice to be back.

cheers
  35. Envelopes

Envelopes Initiate (0) Ohio Aug 26, 2012

Had it on tap yesterday. My first time with the 'slam. I dug it.
  36. Lipsntoes

Werd. I'm on a third bottle of 01/03 batch, and must say this has no citrus blast as last years. Still a great beer, but nothing compared to last year. I had a bottle of 2012 recently, and it had more hops than what I'm enjoying now. Don't get me wrong, I love this beer, but something seems to be missing with this batch.
  37. beesy

beesy Savant (350) Ohio Jul 21, 2010

The 6 pack I picked up in Columbus just down the road from you is a 01/04 date. I figured similar distribution areas would have same bottle date, but without checking out batch numbers online I'm willing to bet the brewery is in hop slam mode right now and just cranking it out as fast as they can. This date seems good and very similar to last year's with maybe the nose being just a tad smaller - but I think that perception is just me as I've been drinking a lot of really fragrant IPA/IIPA lately like Abrasive, Headhunter, Rajah, Simtra. I'm happy to be drinking it and hope they are doing waves again this year and we see another wave in a couple of weeks.
  38. Bogforce

Bogforce Savant (360) Ohio Sep 2, 2010

I have been drinking a lot more stouts lately so I was expecting to be blown away this year. I know it isn't my palate maturing, it's something wrong with the batch. Not wrong necessarily but not as good.