1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

potential bad trader...advice from the community, Ace_of_Suds

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by kbuzz, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbuzz

kbuzz Advocate (590) Pennsylvania Jan 22, 2011

Posting this on behalf of a BA I know who had a really bad first experience with trading (well, shipping anyway - he has some IP experience). He is hesitant to post anything, but I thought the facts warranted at least advice from others...

FACTS:

- I know a BA who shipped out a box in January to another BA.
    - The box was received by the other BA and confirmed to have been received via post in the hauls thread.
    - To date, the BA I know has said he has not received a box in return.
    - There was no official trade request completed by the BA I know (hence his hesitancy to raise the issue).
    - According to the BA I know, the other BA replied to messages for a while with excuses until finally he just started ignoring messages.
    - The BA in question is still active (last post was earlier this month)

My thoughts, as a third party who is upset by the behavior but doesn't want to overstep any bounds, is to kindly send the potential bad trader in question a private message with a link to this post and ask him to provide tracking for a box within a specified amount of time or else his name will appear in the thread.

Thoughts? Am I going about this the right way...I welcome all opinions seriously...I just don't think this is right...and want to do something if I can. But I will gladly delete if it's not my place to push the issue.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  2. I'm of the mindset that the accused should be able to confront his accuser. Threads like this one needs the 2 persons directly involved in the trade to hash it out as there will be several back and forth and 2nd hand responses/information tend to not hold much weight.

cfh64, Grfilwett, jshusc and 3 others like this.
  3. You need to call him out here publicly... especially so others who trade will know exactly who this BA in question is...

blue-dream likes this.
  4. kbuzz

I sent the accusor and accused a link to this if they'd like to become involved....

black13 likes this.
  5. black13

black13 Savant (420) Oregon Apr 11, 2010

This is the correct avenue. If the accused fails to respond (once they have logged on) the accusor needs to start a thread and call him out. Also, the accusor gets an award for the most patience I've seen in a long time. 7 months without a box!

jshusc likes this.
  6. kbuzz

Well he has posted comments here and there in threads where the accused has since been active. So he's not been totally patient.

7. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (640) New York Mar 21, 2010

Beer sent in January, accused needs to be named here and now.

8. NJBeer265

NJBeer265 Advocate (645) New Jersey May 21, 2013

This would be the correct avenue after 3 - 4 weeks but we are talking about 6 months now. It is time to name him in the thread.

blue-dream likes this.
  9. King_Ranch

King_Ranch Aficionado (150) Texas Feb 19, 2014

With all the bad trade threads here and several where the same person seems to have stolen from more than one BA, why are people still reluctant to bring details to the community?

I'd say remaining quiet about a bad trader is almost as bad as being a bad trader yourself since your situation brought to light could potentially detour others from starting trades with the bad trader.

I'm still in a trading freeze until the barrage of bad trader threads dies out.

10. So maybe never? The more people trade the more chances for more problems! Find good trading partners and stick with them exclusively.

11. Mag00n

Mag00n Savant (390) New York Nov 21, 2008

If the facts are as you present them, the word 'potential' shouldnt be in the title. You should also out the guy. This also shouldve been made 5 months ago.

Also, posting it in the hauls is pretty brazen.

jrnyc and tommyz like this.
  12. kbuzz

I'm not staying quiet...I posted this with every intention of this dude being outed...it's just a matter of how it's gonna happen. Is it gonna be me, the accusor or accused who names names?

Rest assured if the accused sees my message and doesn't come here immediately, I'll be posting his name.

Just found out about it yesterday...tried to get my "facts" straight first...but it's also entirely possible that these are not all the facts...although pretty damn likely...

13. tommyz

tommyz Advocate (510) Michigan May 28, 2007

Kudos to you for posting, but I personally find it bullshit that this was not posted months ago and that this guy is still not named. He could be screwing other people over...

One of the things about being a good BA, is letting people know of a bad trader..sitting by while this guy is possibly ripping other people of ridiculous...

jrnyc, cfh64, kbuzz and 3 others like this.
  14. blue-dream

blue-dream Moderator (760) Illinois Aug 22, 2013 Staff Member

Just out him already so we can let the dogs loose. I dont want to ever trade with this guy, his name has to be put out there.

Marco_Gtz likes this.
  15. I'm sorry, but as much as it pains me to see another bad trader screwing people over and I understand how upset and unfair you may feel, no matter how close you are to the BA or what you have seen from the facts, you can never have all the facts. There may be omission of facts, intentionally or unintentionally, and if I were the accused, I would not be responding to someone I did not deal with. The BA who got screwed should man up and call out the bad trader himself. I keep a running list of bad trader threads in my profile, but no way I'm putting this thread in that list because the accusation comes from a 3rd person.

kbuzz likes this.
  16. Mag00n

Did some detective work....think I know who the victim is, very excited to see if Im correct.

zoober911 likes this.
  17. KJ2013

KJ2013 Savant (410) Pennsylvania Apr 14, 2013

I am the one who got screwed. I have called him out privately and publicly already on any thread he has posted on for the past month. I have warned anyone he has tried to trade with and this is all after giving him numerous opportunities to come clean on things. I think I gave him an incredible amount of time and patience, which has lead to no conclusion. So I have certainly not kept this quiet in any way and I do want as many as possible to know that Ace of Suds is a cheat and ripped me off

kbuzz and tommyz like this.
  18. KJ2013

check any of his posts and you will see a response in the thread from me, calling him out and warning others

tommyz likes this.
  19. mps

mps Savant (295) Ohio Jul 27, 2013

blue-dream likes this.
  20. Mag00n

Damnit I was wrong

21. King_Ranch

King_Ranch Aficionado (150) Texas Feb 19, 2014

22. kbuzz

Hirshi and Mag00n like this.
  23. KJ2013

He would occasionally send me some excuses and so I would give him more time and tell him all is well. Then i contacted the one guy he completed a trade with, and he said their trade went well, so I gave him more time based on this. But after a while he ceased all contact and I heard nothing. Even after calling him out on different threads, he says nothing.

24. blue-dream

Maybe a few more people need to call him out on the different threads, i have a lot of time. @Ace_of_Suds whats up with this? Always like to hear both sides. @KJ2013 i hope this public shamming gets him to send you your beer.
    @cfh64 got some free time?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  25. mps

What beers are you out if you don't mind me asking?

26. Brewski

Brewski Savant (400) Pennsylvania Jul 22, 2012

27. Funny... @Ace_of_Suds has completed 2 trades in the last week.... and he still hasn't sent you your beer??

stormy04311 likes this.
  28. Sorry you got screwed, but you kinda need to detail your experience in the call out. You're forcing each of us to go around and digging for information piece by piece. I went to several of his posts and this was all I found, a 1 liner about how he didn't send anything to you: http://www.beeradvocate.com/communi...s-bissell-bros-lots-more.191174/#post-2565713 . We need your whole story and facts from you and hope that he will respond, then we can go from the, i.e decide for ourselves.

@King_Ranch, @Queen_of_Suds knows @Ace_of_Suds (http://www.beeradvocate.com/communi...u-drinking-now-406.133504/page-9#post-1942670), but I feel for now this is between KJ2013 and Ace_of_Suds. Until we hear the story from either side, it's unfair to involve her, who may not know anything about this at all.

29. mps

Sorry my post was unclear...I meant what beers should he have received that he didn't

30. KJ2013

They are on the link kbuzz posted of what i sent him

31. KJ2013

I'm not giving things piece by piece. I am at work and just jumping on to reply as I can. I saved our whole conversation from the beginning if you want to read it all.

HopFace, Brewski and blue-dream like this.
  32. I feel like bad trader posts that don't name the accused are pointless, it's a giant waste of time to read through everyone trying to play a game of BA clue.

Wiscobrew and King_Ranch like this.
  33. Mag00n

May want to read the whole thread and join us in the here and now :cool:

HopFace and Brewski like this.
  34. KJ2013

Yea I do not understand this guy at all. I even made a point on this thread to say that I contacted a guy on here who did a trade with him and said all went well. I wanted to be honest about the whole thing, including the fact that it is odd that he traded fine with a few others but nothing to me.

35. KJ2013

I said his name with my first reply on the thread. Ace of Suds

36. blue-dream

Post the conversation here for everyone to read.

tommyz likes this.
  37. KJ2013

38. HopFace

HopFace Savant (385) Pennsylvania Feb 29, 2012

39. blue-dream

Desp59 likes this.
  40. Mag00n

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.