1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

potential bad trader...advice from the community, Ace_of_Suds

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by kbuzz, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeevo

jeevo Savant (275) Pennsylvania Nov 1, 2012

It doesn't matter if he was kind to you, fuck this @Ace_of_Suds clown. 6 months and he still can't send a box out? He's a pathetic excuse for a Beer Advocate member, and even if this asshole does come clean, he should send KJ triple what they agreed to and still get knocked for pulling something like this.

I've traded with KJ twice in person, and he's a down to earth and nice guy who doesn't deserve this. No one does.

KJ2013, Retrocentric, Brewski and 2 others like this.
  2. edmaher

edmaher Savant (375) Illinois Jan 11, 2008

Did you get a phone number before the trade? Thats always a must. If you did, you should post it on here. Maybe some fellow BA's can help convince him. Pulling the death in the family card... what a douchebag.

3. edmaher

edmaher Savant (375) Illinois Jan 11, 2008

You should help out here, get on him about this.

blue-dream likes this.
  4. robgage

robgage Savant (380) Pennsylvania Dec 19, 2013

I hate it when people screw with our community!

blue-dream likes this.
  5. kbuzz

kbuzz Advocate (590) Pennsylvania Jan 22, 2011

you work the night shift or something, Ace? Now you're making this dude look bad too:

Show yourself...7 months is long enough.

blue-dream likes this.
  6. mps

mps Savant (285) Ohio Jul 27, 2013

NYCBUCKEYE and blue-dream like this.
  7. lic217

lic217 Savant (460) Connecticut Aug 10, 2010

8. treznor

treznor Savant (485) North Carolina Dec 20, 2006

That's a really good way to get banned. Give it to people via BM or whatever, but don't post personal info.

That's... just not even funny.

Brewzer1010, F2brewers and HopFace like this.
  9. C20Percent

C20Percent Savant (325) Virginia Aug 24, 2011

So...

**crickets**

10. NYC is known for brutal hours ;)

11. Clearly he's an ER doctor with these 24 hour shifts. Give the man time. :rolleyes:

Vivified likes this.
  12. kbuzz

Listen Ace - unlike stealing beer from someone, if you drank the beer that you were supposed to send him, that's forgiveable. After 7 months, it might take a better man than I to forgive you...but you at least gotta fess up to get a shot at forgiveness...then you guys can work out a Plan B...(or D, E...lost track...and it'd better involve at least twice as much beer)...

You really want to sully your rep and chances at trading on this site ever again over some BCBS variants?? C'mon dude...you're not thinking clearly here. The damage might already be done, but the least you can do is get Ken some beer. Why the hell does he deserve your nonsense?

KJ2013 and blue-dream like this.
  13. KJ2013

KJ2013 Savant (410) Pennsylvania Apr 14, 2013

i appreciate the support guys. I do not have his phone number or anything like that. Just the address I sent the beer to. My previous two trades through this site went so smooth that I guess I gave him the benefit of the doubt, plus his other trade on here apparently had gone fine before he got in touch with me. Shit i'd take a check for the cost of the beer and shipping at this point! Anything but ripping me off and ignoring any attempts to resolve things

blue-dream likes this.
  14. blue-dream

blue-dream Moderator (760) Illinois Aug 22, 2013 Staff Member

Looks like someone has his number..... A good BA would BM you with that info i would think, especially after that good BA kinda got the shaft after he was told dude would fix this whole thing. @MisterBisco what do you think about your "buddy" now?

15. I think MisterBisco might be done after being taken out behind the woodshed.

16. At least give him credit for trying track down this assclown... I think he's trying to help us here guys...

17. mps

mps Savant (285) Ohio Jul 27, 2013

Yeah I agree...let's not try to blame MisterBisco for this he isn't the one who stole beer. There have been plenty of people on here that have stolen beer after previous successful trades.

blue-dream likes this.
  18. blue-dream

i agree, also thats why i put buddy in quotes, just saying if i had dudes number i would have BMed it to @KJ2013 , and stayed of of this whole thing, i wouldnt have vouched for him. @MisterBisco didnt mean to sound like a dick but you have the key this guy needs.

19. baycat

baycat Aficionado (180) California Apr 30, 2008

Took me about one minute based of some shitty username to find his untappd and Linkedin. Google image search is scary helpful. I would ping him on there.

20. KJ2013

some people are apparently just assholes and don't care. That is the impression I am getting from this dude.

21. kbuzz

looks like he also deleted his post history? Can you do that? Or maybe he just made it private or something...but under his profile, there are no longer any posts...definitely were there yesterday.

I think you're screwed Ken...sorry dude.

22. baycat

baycat Aficionado (180) California Apr 30, 2008

Ken I PMed you some helpful information, that will allow you to follow up civilly with the bad trader.

mendvicdog, KJ2013, Jaycase and 2 others like this.
  23. blue-dream

Awesome BA here!!

KJ2013 likes this.
  24. HopFace

HopFace Savant (385) Pennsylvania Feb 29, 2012

25. Lol. Me too. It's really not hard is it? Crazy.

baycat likes this.
  26. KJ2013

ha thanks buddy and I am gonna try to come out to the tasting. It's been too long that I have been into craft beer and not made more time to meet some other locals that are into this as well.

27. KJ2013

Yea i figured I was anyways, but again I appreciate you trying to throw some effort my way in helping to potentially turn this around and resolve it. You gotta come out and let me buy you a beer some time for all your efforts. I'll be in the southside after work today for a happy hour beer at Piper's Pub if you want a free beer.

28. kbuzz

I appreciate the gesture, but I don't need any free beer from you, man...I'm happy to (try to) help. Plus you've already given away enough of it to this dick. We should definitely grab beers though at some point...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    blue-dream likes this.
  29. Looks like he is super active on untappd still, maybe one of his friends on untappd needs to call him out over there too...

30. KJ2013

ha yea I definitely have and let me know if you wanna grab something somtime before life gets crazier for you. Couple good places around the city have some great stuff on tap right now

31. kbuzz

HA...false alarm...I'm just an idiot. I clicked the option to "ignore" him. I guess when you do that, the post history is no longer available. Never had to ignore someone before...so had no idea that's part of it...

:confused:

32. markgugs

markgugs Champion (980) New Jersey Dec 20, 2006

this thread....ugh

tommyz likes this.
  33. F2brewers

F2brewers Moderator (490) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2005 Staff Member

added @Ace_of_Suds to the title of this thread since i intend to leave it up for reference.

@KJ2013 send me a BM...i may be able to help replace at least some of what you should have received.

34. Wow that's terrible to hear. Im very new to the trading and craft beers in general but completed a successful trade with Ace of Suds a week or two ago and it went great, he included some awesome extras for me to try along with a message something like "welcome to the world of BA beers" that made my day. He told me he was on vacation and from his communications it sounds like his assistant handles the shipping, maybe she made a mistake? Not trying to make light of your poor experience but its surprising because its such a contrast from my experience with him. Hope this all gets resolved for you!

35. timotao

timotao Savant (365) New York Sep 16, 2013

See this is what's baffling me about this whole situation. This guy rips someone off, cuts off communication, then continues to trade in good faith with other people? I'm not an experienced trader by any means so I don't know. Is this how bad traders/scammers operate? It doesn't make sense to me. I guess i'm just naive.

kbuzz likes this.
  36. KJ2013

I agree completely timotao. I don't understand why he screwed me and trades well with others! I mean I think I have shown plenty of proof that I am not making shit up or trying to smear this guy. I just want what I was promised. He even posted the pic of what I sent him, which shows I am not lying about sending him stuff. The whole thing is just weird and crazy. Another thing is that this trade did not involve any ultra rare, earth shattering stuff either. I mean i was to get some bourbon county variants and some peche mortel. His pic shows what I sent and it is not anything off the charts. All the more reason I do not understand all this. If someone was supposed to send this out for him, then why has he not answered my messages for the past few months now? He has been on the site numerous times and had to have seen my messages.

blue-dream and kbuzz like this.
  37. KJ2013

This is very nice of you, but you should not feel in any way obligated to compensate me for someone else's shitty behavior. It is up to him to be a man and honor his agreement. Again, I very much appreciate the kind gesture here. Many people here have said some very nice things and it has certainly made me feel confident in this site and its members. I cannot thank you all enough.

jrnyc, blue-dream and kbuzz like this.
  38. KJ2013

got in touch with ace of suds and hopefully this all will now be resolved. talked a decent amount today and hopefully resolved this and will be able to put it to rest. will update further if people are interested.

jshusc, tommyz, timotao and 3 others like this.
  39. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (640) New York Mar 21, 2010

Yes, please provide update on why this happened.

tommyz likes this.
  40. KJ2013

to be honest, it was a bit odd as far as why. out of respect for ace of suds, i am not going to get into his personal business of course, but it generally sounded like he had some personal shit going on, work, etc. In the midst of all that, he simply forgot about his beer trade stuff with me and just fucked up. It slipped his mind for a time, i contacted him down the road, he panicked and thought i might flip out on him and shit would hit the fan. I thought I was pretty nice through it all and did not give him such an impression but oh well. If he is making good on it now, that is all that matters. He seems to be genuinely sorry and feel bad about this whole thing just based on talking to him and how long he talked to me about it all yesterday.

jshusc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.