1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Prairie Artisan Ales coming to Philly

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by kylep3, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Anyone else see Bella Vista's facebook post? I'm really excited about this as I have wanted to try some of their offerings. Any ideas what will be headed this way and any recommendations on what to try?

2. hhkal17

hhkal17 Savant (495) Pennsylvania Jul 10, 2005

In the next few months we've got Prairie, Perennial, Oxbow, Cambridge, and Against the Grain coming. Damn!

comfortablynirm, kylep3 and corby112 like this.
  3. Who is bringing in Perennial?

4. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

We're getting Oxbow?? I've been dying to try some of their stuff. Bella Vista?

Bella Vista, "thanks to Shelton Bros," which is what they posted about Prairie, CBC and Against the Grain, all yesterday.

5. Oh okay. Perennial must have been earlier in the week.

And, yeah, I think Bella Vista announced Oxbow a couple weeks ago. Assistant Brewer (I think he's the assistant) and former Nodding Head brewer Mike Fava will be in town April 11th at Monk's to introduce the beers into Philly. Looking forward to that, Mike's a real nice guy.

edit: And I'd never heard of Prairie Artisan Ales until Terry Hawbacker (possibly spelled his last name wrong) tweeted about it like a week ago. What kind of beers do they produce?

6. chaseabeer

chaseabeer Savant (370) Oklahoma Feb 4, 2009

We make saisons and barrel aged beers.

kylep3 and corby112 like this.
  7. And do a damn fine job of it to!!!

8. looking forward to trying them!

9. Very cool, thanks. Interested in trying them!

10. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

Great, thanks for the info, I plan on being at this then.

11. A buddy of mine said he bought some of these beers at WF about a month ago. He said they were really good.

Enjoy