1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Prairie Bomb for this...

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by JeepCop, May 2, 2014.

1. JeepCop

JeepCop Aficionado (245) Kansas May 16, 2010

I've posted a couple of ISO's for Bomb and have struck out. Am I way off base on this? Here's what I have been offering up (copy & paste below):

I'm in search of as much Prairie Bomb as I can get. Ideally, I'd like to secure a case of Bomb in one trade, but I'm not opposed to doing two separate trades (minimum of 12 bottles at a time). Just let me know via message, what you'd want from the list and how many bottles you'd trade. I'm offering some sort of combo of these for it:

BA Box of Chocolate (420 bottles produced)
    '12 BCBS (multiples)
    '13 BCBS (multiples)
    Black Note (multiples)
    Black Tuesday (multiples)
    '09 Boulevard BBQ
    Horse Feathers Rye (#12 of 480)

So, Oklahoma BA's any insight on this? Thanks!!!

air likes this.
  2. aschwab

aschwab Savant (475) Texas Mar 3, 2009

You are not crazy at all. I would make that trade in a second if I had 12 bombs.

The one issue you may have, though, is that bombs generally range from 6-8 bucks while things like Black Note and BCBS are cheaper. You could probably work that out with the Black Tuesday and such.

7clutch likes this.
  3. JeepCop

Thanks for the response. Is Bomb not easily attainable in OK, TX and AR?

4. mdeluna

mdeluna Savant (330) Texas Mar 6, 2011

Not in TX right now... I'm sure it should be somewhere in OK.

Keep in mind that even if it's easy to attain, I personally wouldn't go out of my way to buy a case of it for the beers you have on hand, but that's just me.

I'd try to get some smaller trades for it and I guess give some sort of ratio you would be willing to work with. Good luck!

5. aschwab

aschwab Savant (475) Texas Mar 3, 2009

In OK? I would easily be able to get a case with one stop. But not TX.

krmkrm likes this.
  6. Techichi

Techichi Advocate (540) Texas Sep 25, 2012

I would. And yeah, folks in OK should be able to grab a case if they want in on this trade.

7clutch likes this.
  7. DinoFight

DinoFight Aficionado (235) Arizona Jan 23, 2013

Haven't seen Bomb in AZ yet. Usually takes a little while for it to hit our shelves. Goes quick when it does. Was only able to grab 2 bottles last time. I will keep you in mind though if I can get my hands on a few.

8. I've only been in AZ since last June, but when was Bomb! on the shelves here?

9. DinoFight

It's been a while. Snagged 2 bottles early last year. Prairie goes quick here, when it eventually shows up on the shelves. Which isn't very often.

10. Yeah, haven't seen any new bottles since last summer, when I think we got 'Merica?

11. DinoFight

Yep, think that's the last Prairie I saw too. We get it, it just trickles in though.

12. Texbro

Texbro Aspirant (35) Texas Feb 20, 2014

I'm busy with school atm or I'd do it in a heart beat..maybe if you can wait a week or two and I could figure out cost. I see too much bomb now almost. Fukc load of bible belt too (not as good)

13. mdeluna

mdeluna Savant (330) Texas Mar 6, 2011

More power to ya.. I just ment as far as money went, I don't have the resources to buy ~100 bucks worth of beer for one trade.

14. JeepCop

Assuming I don't get something worked out in the mean time, that's not a problem. The wife and I will be on vacation next week anyway.

15. russpowell

russpowell Poobah (1,115) Oklahoma May 24, 2005

If no one else hooks you up, let me know. I don't have it on hand, but sure I'm can get it...

16. Daemose

Daemose Savant (480) Texas Oct 3, 2011

It comes out in batches and get scooped up quickly.

17. It's definitely not available by the case around here and I imagine that is true in many places. I would imagine that is a lot of the reason why you are having difficulty finding a trade partner.

18. JeepCop

Thanks for all of the responses... that definitely does shed some light on the availability. That being said, I've purchased 3 cases (72 bottles) in northwest AR via various friends and family traveling in the area. Thanks again!

19. JeepCop

Apparently a case in OK and TX is 12, whereas a case in AR is 24. Must be the state laws... :confused:

20. air

air Savant (360) Texas Mar 28, 2007

Right. Can't sell singles in AR, so they have to sell 6 packs. 6x4 = 24

21. JeepCop

They actually sell them in 4 pks and no wax.

22. wiingman

wiingman Aficionado (215) Texas Aug 22, 2013

Yes. The bottles can't fit in their 4 pack holders if they wax them.

greenspointexas likes this.
  23. Indytruks138

Indytruks138 Savant (425) Texas Jun 28, 2013

So you've purchased 72 and want 24 more? Houston Hoarders just got shown up!

air likes this.
  24. thewrongtone

thewrongtone Savant (405) Texas Oct 15, 2006

Chow has family in Kansas?

25. mattchow

mattchow Savant (380) Texas Jun 24, 2012

nope, but he sounds like a good friend to have lol.

26. thewrongtone

thewrongtone Savant (405) Texas Oct 15, 2006

No kidding! Dropping a grand on Bomb! is pretty gangster.

27. JeepCop

I know what I like... just wish they distro'd here.

28. Beeritual

Beeritual Disciple (55) Arkansas Nov 15, 2013

I can hook you up!

29. BCBS is about a 5 to 6 dollar bottle of beer and black note is even more expensive sitting at 8 dollars a bottle. So that falls in the same range as prairie bomb price range.