Prairie is killing it!!!

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Longhorn08, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTUJohn

TTUJohn Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2012 Texas

This was my understanding as well. Hop is my favorite of the Prairies I've had fwiw

champ103 likes this.
  2. mindswoop

mindswoop Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2011 Texas

You're right. I was thinking how it compared to El Cedro...thought Prairie Hop was superior!

champ103 likes this.
  3. andys_war_hall

andys_war_hall Devotee (335) Dec 7, 2012 Texas

You're nuts!!! El Cedro 4 lyfe!!! :wink:

tx_beer_man likes this.
  4. willandperry

willandperry Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2011 Colorado

I suppose I deserved that one lol need to not post when I'm on the go

5. champ103

champ103 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,682) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society

Blah, I have the worst grammar ever. Not to mention I am dyslexic. Grammar police need to calm down on a beer site (I did it again before the edit) :slight_smile:

cfh64 and mattisloco like this.
  6. chaseabeer

chaseabeer Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2009 Oklahoma

I think you guys will dig Funky Gold Mosaic. Hop is next, than Cherry Funk.

7. andys_war_hall

andys_war_hall Devotee (335) Dec 7, 2012 Texas

I've been looking forward to Funky Golf Mosaic for, it seems, a long time. Can't wait.

mattisloco likes this.
  8. tx_beer_man

tx_beer_man Pundit (890) Jan 22, 2013 Texas
    Trader

:confused: then we can compare saint arnold & pumpkinator 2013...JK!

Prairie has been slammin it in my opinion. Stellar beers.

9. tx_beer_man

Trader

By all means, Prairie, take advantage of your best beer's popularity. Oh wait, that must be a bad thing!

cfh64 likes this.
  10. Indytruks138

Indytruks138 Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2013 Texas

I believe Prairie got a new bottling machine instead of hand bottling, so those issues are likely a thing of the past.

11. russpowell

russpowell Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,256) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

If you are talking Bombers, those usually pricier still as a rule. But yeah a 4 pack of Bomb or BB shouldn't be $28.

krmkrm and tx_beer_man like this.
  12. Techichi

Techichi Pooh-Bah (1,635) Sep 25, 2012 Texas
    Pooh-Bah

Good to hear.

13. HookemHops13

HookemHops13 Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2013 Texas

In all fairness I said props to then and go for it. That business model works perfectly well (see Alchemist). *Personally* I just like variety cause they do other things great as well even though they may not be as hyped.

russpowell and tx_beer_man like this.
  14. tx_beer_man

Trader

Yeah you did, I just thought I'd throw it in there.

15. Ford

Ford Initiate (0) Sep 8, 2012 Texas

I've liked some Prairie stuff.... and others meh.... but continued success I hope.. keep working hard..

I'm not a big fan of Bomb... it's good, but not great... so many awesome stouts out there. Coffee Noir was my favorite of those...

I certainly don't feel every beer they make is killing it.. but they do a good job.

Techichi likes this.
  16. Nightwish1094

Nightwish1094 Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2010 Texas

I'm a fan of bomb and the Noir releases. But it does seem like a long time since I've seen any other prairie beers show up. At least that's how it is in Austin.

17. TexasBeerGuy

TexasBeerGuy Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2013 Texas

I'm just glad to see some more Hop. I bought a Prairie Ale recently (I think from the only shipment of it we got last year), and it's even better now. I'd also really like some more 'Merica too. Definitely excited about Funky Gold Mosaic.

I wouldn't say they're killing it, but I'm not going to downplay the fact that a majority of their beers are outstanding.

18. stephens101

stephens101 Pooh-Bah (2,754) May 5, 2006 Oklahoma
    Pooh-Bah Society

Prairie still releases some brews in limited quantities, and some only in OK or only regionally, but the big dogs are pretty available. I suppose some of it has to do with quantity, and sure, some of it has to do with creating a "rarity" market. Nothing wrong with keeping people happy and nothing wrong with limited releases. Comparatively speaking they seem to keep it pretty equitable if you ask me.

All this quibbling over the little stuff just wears me out. There's some fine breweries in the SW these days and they all seem to compliment each other imo. Then again, I guess I'm just a hippie about the whole damn thing.

And btw, why don't any Texas breweries of consequence (besides Shiner) distribute up here? I've always wondered about that. You guys get most all of ours, but we get no JK, St. Arnold, Real, etc. etc. etc. Just curious.

19. Nightwish1094

Nightwish1094 Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2010 Texas

I can't speak for the breweries but i imagine the size of Texas has a lot to do with it. They probably can't keep up with demand in their own regions let alone the state and expanding into others.

I'm not sure. Sucks you guys don't get many TX breweries.

20. alexg32

alexg32 Initiate (0) Oct 25, 2010 New York

Bomb is great. There's a reason it has so much hype. Maybe you don't like it for some reason, but it's one of the best imperial stouts in the country. With the exception of their Batch 1 Noir, I haven't had anything from them that was worse than very good. I'd say that's pretty much the definition of killing it.

krmkrm, OUJayhawk1799 and russpowell like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.