1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Praise for Etre Gourmet

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ShanePB, Mar 19, 2012.

1. kozaka

kozaka Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 25, 2006

Did the same. Placed an order last week, not even here yet but noticed a few bottles I wanted are back in stock. That site is dangerous! Had second package sent to the office just to avoid any confrontation with the wife.

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Aficionado (125) Minnesota May 29, 2009

The order that I placed on the 11th Arrived at my house on the 20th. They wrap the bottles really well, but the bottom of the box almost fell out and my "collectible glass" was almost exposed.

3. DSho

DSho Aficionado (185) Florida Sep 6, 2011

Does etre update your order status on there website or will the box just show up? Placed an order on the 15th but the website still only says processing?

4. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Savant (455) New York Jun 7, 2005

I don't think the order status on the website changes, but you should receive a notification that your package has shipped.

I placed an order this past Wednesday and received tracking notification on Saturday. The package has already reached NY Customs as of this morning.

5. Yep that's how mine worked. My ordered I received when I originally started this thread still says "Processing" :)

6. DSho

Ok cool, thanks for the info. Don't recall getting any kind if notice yet either though :/

7. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Savant (455) New York Jun 7, 2005

My order that was placed on Wednesday just arrived with a nice little surprise hidden in one of the slots...

An open box-cutter....oops.

Be extra careful when opening your packages, folks!

8. BOBPINCH666

BOBPINCH666 Savant (345) New York Feb 21, 2011

Maybe Robert at Etre caught wind of your BA handle and threw it in as an extra?

9. DSho

No worries....should have checked the spam foulder sooner!

10. Jessicaseid

Jessicaseid Initiate (15) Dec 27, 2012

I am freaking out because I have heard nothing from them and was hoping to get some beer to the boyfriend while he is at grandma's through the new year. I've been trying to contact them to see if I can change the address to our home address...does anyone have a contact email?

11. jheezee

jheezee Savant (340) Texas Sep 22, 2010

12. Boxes can be held up in customs for a while. Typically a week or so, but a month is not unheard of. Not sure what they can do for you at this point, as I don't think you can re-route postal service mid shipment.

13. JCDenver

JCDenver Savant (270) Texas Feb 8, 2010

Agree. It's always pretty unpredictable, but to date everything I've ordered has showed up in perfect shape. Just the price you gotta pay with overseas orders.

14. bluejacket74

bluejacket74 Champion (805) Ohio Jul 4, 2005

I ordered from there recently, the shipping was quick (I think around 10 days total more or less) and everything was packaged well. I'm sure I'll order from them again in the future!

15. Jessicaseid

Jessicaseid Initiate (15) Dec 27, 2012

Haven't even received the shipment email yet letting me know it left. Ahh!