1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Pre-Bruges' Beer Fest "Beer Swap"

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by Trappistenbier, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Hi,
    A small notification to announce that I'm organizing a pre-BBF Beer Swap at De Bierboom here in Bruges.
    The event happens on Friday 1 February at 7.30pm. That's the day before the Bruges' Beer Fest is happening.
    A maximum of 25 people can join. The first who shout are in. Already 6 people are joining.
    Ofcourse, one needs to bring a bottle of GOOD beer!

[​IMG]

I'm offering a 75cl of Stille Nacht Reserva 2010 and a wonderful Winterkoninkske Grand Cru at 13 vol%
    It would be a great opportunity to actually taste some good stuff from abroad !!!
    Address De Bierboom at http://www.debierboom.be/
    Cheers,
    Filip
  2. Dennoman

Dennoman Savant (485) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

Coming to Bruges the day before the festival is a bridge too far for me :)
  3. trevorjk

trevorjk Savant (310) Netherlands Aug 28, 2009

If we make it there on friday, ill join in with a good American beer :)
  4. Too bad Dennoman :(
    But I will see you at the Vintage Tasting two days later :)
    Cheers,
    Filip
  5. Hi Trevorjk,
    It would be utterly pleasant if you could join with a great US beer.
    Rudy (De Bierboom) will just LOVE it !!
    Note that De Bierboom is also a beer shop. In fact one of the best here in Bruges, because he offers the more unusual, rarer quality stuff from the smaller artisanal breweries.
    AND .... not unimportant, he doesn't handle those tourist prces. Indeed, the cheapest beer shop in whole Bruges !!
    Cheers,
    Filip
  6. trevorjk

Well it looks like ill be bringing a Founders Bolt Cutter Barleywine, Firestone Walker 16th anniversary, and maybe a He'Brew Jewbelation Sweet 16. The big stouts that i have here now, the wife wont let me trade :p

Hope to see you guys there!
  7. Dennoman

Dennoman Savant (485) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

Fuck trading, more drinking! :D

I'll bring something nice American-wise to the vintage tasting on Sunday, so you don't have to kill your own supply :p
  8. trevorjk

Well, i wont be able to make it on Friday. But I will be around on Saturday and Sunday if anyone wants to meet up. I could still bring the bottles i mentioned above if anyone is interested :)
  9. Too bad you can't make it for the Beer Swap, but I just hope you can join the Vintage Tasting !!
    If not, you'll find me "working-pouring" at the Trappist beer stand on Saturday evening from 6pm till 10pm.
    See you soon..
    Cheers,
    Filip
  10. Ludwigludwig

Ludwigludwig Initiate (15) Jan 26, 2013

Hi this sounds like a great time. I will try and make it.

I will be in belgium for 1 week with no car unfortunately from wednesday jan 30 to the following thursday feb 7. Where should i go other than bruges for great beer experience?
  11. Hello LudwigLudwig.
    Much looking forward to meet you at the pre-BBF Beer Swap on Friday evening at de Bierboom (start at 7.30pm).
    Already about 17 people are attending...
    Other than Bruges? Ghent for instance or just do the Bruges' excellent "satellite" beer pubs Nieuwege (Jabbeke) or Rembrandt (Zedelgem) or 't Klein Risico (Snellegem). So different, so less expensive too.
    See http://beerpubmap.belgianbeerboard.com/
    See you soon: We'll sure have fun.
    Cheers,
    Filip