1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Pre-Dropkick Murphys Beers - 2/22 - Chicago

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by jebsinger, Feb 18, 2013.

1. anyone going on friday wanna meet up for a beer or two before we are subject to only bad beer all night?

2. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (545) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

Where at?

3. The show is at the Aragon ball room in Chicago I guess I shoulda said that. there's not really any good places around there tho so I was thinking fountain head?

4. rxeight

rxeight Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 5, 2012

Uptown lounge is on the other side of the L tracks from the aragon and has a pretty good bottle selection. Although pretty expensive. Last time i was there it was $8 for an Edmund Fitzgerald.

5. Youch you going to the show?

6. bman_85

bman_85 Savant (325) Wisconsin Sep 10, 2012

Seems they are skipping Milwaukee for now. New CD isn't their best but still solid. Enjoy the show

7. zieglemt

zieglemt Aficionado (170) Illinois Apr 25, 2011

Fat Cat has a decent selection for the immediate area.

8. If that's so ill probably go there. I find it hard to believe I'm the only BA going to the show

9. stephenieman

stephenieman Savant (250) Illinois Oct 14, 2011

Fat Cat is the best / closest option but its nothing astounding. Uptown Lounge is just OK.

Youre so close to Andersonville just head up to Hopleaf, Acre or Jerry's.
    OR, hit up Norse at Clark & Devon.

Plenty of options if youre willing to journey out a bit.

Could also hit a bottle shop and go to one of the many BYO dinner spots near Argyle.

10. I'm really leaning to hopleaf.
    Anyone joining me?

11. Wow didn't know they are still touring. Stopped listening once they became a Irish band with punk influences. So much better the other way around. Man those were some fun shows. The near riot at the Metro goes down as one of my favorite shows ever.

Lukafer and IrishHockey like this.
  12. the show is a little less of the riot now :grins: but they put on a hell of a show still

13. steebo777

steebo777 Advocate (545) Michigan Jun 30, 2009

It's still a damn fine show and an absolute blast. Seeing DKM on St. Pattys Day in Boston is a definite bucket list thing everyone should do. Plus you can just see Street Dogs seperate and get a double does of awesomeness (I understand SD aren't touring right now but they will be back later this year).

Side note - thanks DKM for hitting Chicago and Cleveland but not Detroit :rolleyes:

14. Quick get tomorrow off and come see them here :) we'll drink many beers preshow

steebo777 likes this.
  15. i'm not joking

16. IrishHockey

IrishHockey Savant (250) Indiana Oct 12, 2012

DKM and Agnostic Front goes down as one of the best shows I have ever seen! Liked their early shit better, but still pretty good. Agree on the Street Dogs. They are awesome

17. You going to the show?

18. IrishHockey

Can't, going to the Blackhawks game.

19. hey a win win for you :D and most likely the hawks.... although they really are trying to lose as of late it seems

IrishHockey likes this.
  20. IrishHockey

Hope the Blackhawks win! Either way, I'm probably going to drink plenty of beer (just none at the stadium) and have a good night

21. mbierz

mbierz Aficionado (155) Illinois Dec 6, 2008

October 11, 1997 - first, only, and a fantastic DKM show. Only really a fan of the Mike McColgan stuff.

22. JakeT469

JakeT469 Savant (340) Illinois Jan 13, 2012

Well if you decide to have a beer or two at the UC there is Daisy Cutter cans and Deschutes bottles around at a nice premium price.

23. IrishHockey

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize they had any type of craft beer, and $9 for a bud is not even worth it. I'm not even gonna ask how much Deschutes or Daisy Cutter are.

24. I'd be scared to know update me on the results.

25. JakeT469

JakeT469 Savant (340) Illinois Jan 13, 2012

I've only seen DC at 1 beer stand and Deschutes is in all the corner bars in the 300 level that look out into the stadium. It's between $8-$8.50 for the 16oz DC can and 12oz Deschutes bottle

26. IrishHockey

That's a lot cheaper than I was thinking, but still a pretty hefty price