1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Pre-made 6-packs created by stores

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by AlcahueteJ, Dec 31, 2012.

1. I was at one of the local liquor stores and noticed Old Fezziwig in a plastic six pack holder. Then I noticed another......and another........apparently the store had separated the Holiday Packs into six packs of the individual beers. There was also a six pack of the Chocolate Bock. I absolutely had to buy this (Fezziwig, not Chocolate Bock). I would post the picture, but I had trouble posting it from my phone.

I wish Boston Beer Co. did this on their own...

Happy New Year!

2. Was this to get rid of the inventory? If not, probably not the best idea.

Not sure how sixers of chocolate stout or Holiday Porter are going to move. I think you scored. They probably figure they'll break even if they sell the Boston Lager... Not sure what else they were thinking and/or what the distributor would think of that. Good find for you no matter the reason.

3. BeerMeFitz

BeerMeFitz Savant (330) Illinois Oct 24, 2011

Merry xmas!!! I would love to grab a 6pk of Fezziwig... It is one my my top 3 fav beers!

4. World Market broke up the variety pack and I made a mix 6 of all Old Fezziwig today. They had 30% off mix 6 sale so it was a pretty good deal.

5. I would love to find that. I was just wondering today if maybe a store that has a mix 6 might have individual bottles.

6. I was able to get that and the white christmas special release in a holiday pack but have never seen it in six packs.. wonder why ?

7. Nelsonbaggins

Nelsonbaggins Initiate (0) Texas Jun 6, 2009

That is amazing! I hate the obligatory Boston Lagers they put in every sampler. IMHO Sam Adams' best beers only come in twos when you buy a sampler. Would that I could score sixes of all my favorites!

8. ledzeppelin4

ledzeppelin4 Savant (365) Illinois May 18, 2011

Sounds like a pretty cool idea. (Out of curiosity, were the 6pks of Fezziwig the same price as say, Boston Lager, or more?)

9. Crackerroll

Crackerroll Savant (295) Missouri Jan 16, 2011

That Chocolate Bock is a bad beer. Like a Budweiser with hot chocolate mix sprinkled in it

10. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

Yet people ask for it allll the time

11. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

I don't get it. For like a white elephant gift? Or what do you mean?

leedorham and mikeburd1128 like this.
  12. They used to when it first came out. But that has to be at least 20 years at this point. Back when they had an ad campaign saying that they'd never produce a light beer. :)

13. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Poobah (1,115) Arizona Jun 18, 2002

Some places here do that. They also break up the Sierra Nevada mixed packs. Found myself with a lot of weizenbock!!!

14. Bonis

Bonis Savant (410) Ohio Jul 28, 2010

I would disagree. It is by no means a great beer (before this year, I was under the impression this was an amazing beer), but it is definitely not "bad".. I would say it tastes more like a chocolate alcohol cola.

15. leedorham

leedorham Champion (835) Washington Apr 27, 2006

Does anybody know if they're doing this with Cranberry Lambic?

garbercury likes this.
  16. mynie

mynie Advocate (695) Massachusetts Jun 22, 2004

It's the only special release beer in the Holiday pack that I've seen in sixers, actually.

Last time I saw the cranberry lambic it was in its own sixer. It's not in the Holiday pack anymore.

17. It's because they realized drinking it doesn't feel celebratory. They should put in a holiday regret pack

18. leedorham

leedorham Champion (835) Washington Apr 27, 2006

Oh that's awesome. I gotta stock up. That's next level stuff right there.

19. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

We can only hope.

20. what on earth... take em all!! :)

21. Yes, they are hoping to sell several of them next year...

22. I don't remember exactly. But I always remember paying more than $10 a six pack when I'm at the store, and from what I recall it was the same price as a regular Sam Adams six pack.

23. Daemose

Daemose Savant (480) Texas Oct 3, 2011

The original one with the embossed silver label that came in a bomber was pretty good. The new one is bleh though.