Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine by selecting auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest cometh. Limited tickets left for Friday, February 5th in Boston.

Buy yours now →
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

Pretty Things "Once Upon A Time" new beer and rebrews

Discussion in 'New England' started by jedwards, Oct 26, 2012.

1. jedwards

jedwards Savant (340) California Feb 3, 2009

Looks like Pretty Things will be releasing a new UOAT beer plus some rebrews of previous batches, including the 1832 Mild Ale and the 1855 India Porter, on December 9th at Deep Ellum: http://twitter.com/Old_Beers

Awesome news. I'm particularly excited about being able to get more of that Mild... loved it fresh and it's been aging very, very well.
    ShogoKawada likes this.
  2. TotallyHosed

TotallyHosed Savant (375) Illinois Jun 20, 2009 Verified

Looks like this will be keg only?
  3. Oh boy! The 1832 XXXX Mild is the only one I missed and I'll be stoked for a chance to try it. I hope they rebrew the 1901 KK again as well, which was unlike any other beer I've ever had.

If I didn't love Pretty Things already for their regular line, I'd love them for their historical recreations. Love love love.
  4. Auror

Auror Advocate (695) Massachusetts Jan 1, 2010 Verified

The EIP was very good, excited it's making its return.
    ComRock12 likes this.
  5. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (465) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009 Verified

EIP was AWESOME!!!!
  6. Paquette

Paquette Savant (285) Massachusetts Dec 20, 2000

jedwards likes this.
  7. jomobono

jomobono Savant (435) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012 Verified

8. Oh man. I'm so stoked to get to revisit the KK and the porter, and to try the 1832 mild (I wasn't yet hepped to Pretty Things when that came out) and the new IPA. Such a great project.
  9. Stormfield

Stormfield Savant (265) Massachusetts Feb 21, 2011 Verified

Let me at it. All of it.
  10. Tomorrow I'm gonna open up an East India Porter from last year's batch...any idea what to expect?
  11. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

Deliciousness. Had 2 over the past few weeks. Lots of fruity hops with a bunch of roasty chocolate. Great beer.
    musicsherlock likes this.
  12. Stormfield

Hopefully it will be great. I'm sure it will. They put thought and nuance into what they make.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that the EIP you mention is closer to two years old. They didn't brew that last year, if memory serves. I saw a bunch of the original 2010 batch sitting on store shelves for months despite its obvious quality, strong reviews and local popularity.

Of course, I leave room for the possiblity that I am completely fucking mistaken.
    musicsherlock likes this.
  13. Patrick

I'm not sure when it was first brewed, but I have had bottles from that release. I've had 2 very recently, and both have been great. Not sure what you are getting at.
  14. Stormfield

Not getting at anything. Just saying that I think it was only brewed once. In 2010. Therefore, there wasn't a "last year's batch". Just sayin'. Not trying to be a jerk.
  15. Patrick

Ok. I am pretty sure it was only brewed once as well, but I still had it twice recently and it was still really good.
  16. Stormfield

Cool. I wished I saved some. I wasn't trying to be one of those guys who call people out for dumb things. Now I'm thinking that I'll get a bunch this time and save some, like you did, and drink it later. If I can keep from drinking it all now.
  17. Looks like it first dropped in May, 2011 http://www.prettythingsbeertoday.co...n-a-time-december-6th-1855-east-india-porter/ gotta dig "store-shelf cellaring"
  18. Stormfield

19. Sweet. I loved the East India Porter so much.
  20. tai4ji2x

tai4ji2x Advocate (640) Massachusetts Aug 10, 2007 Verified

just wanted to chime in after stopping by deep ellum today for a quick bite - the EIPA on cask (with sparkler) was AWESOME. get some before it's gone!