1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Prince Tuesday

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by MVP09, Dec 13, 2012.

1. MVP09

MVP09 Member

Has anyone tried this? Or know if it can be had. I think it was around this summer. Collaboration with Allagash, MB, and Rising Tide
  2. Massbmx

Massbmx Member

I had it on tap at Great Lost Bear at the end of summer and thought it was awesome...probably the best Belgian IPA I've tried. Very nice collab, you could taste the contributions from each brewery. No idea if its still available, but I know it was Maine only.
  3. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Member

Was Maine only, was over $20 per 750. Haven't heard of any around anytime recently - pretty sure the entire batch sold out pretty fast. IMO (had one bottle), was totally fine, but not even remotely close to worth it (and Allagash and MBC are two of my favorite breweries, and I love Rising Tide too...)
  4. Brez07

Brez07 Member

Just grab a Rising Tide Daymark. Basically the same thing ;)
    ToasterChef likes this.
  5. dciBA

dciBA Member

I hate complaining about price but the 22$ price tag on this bottle was absurd for a Belgian IPA that was IMO inferior to Hugh Malone(15 for that one).
  6. cbeer88

cbeer88 Member

I tried it on draft, and had multiple opportunities to buy bottles but passed. It's a very nice but extremely overpriced beer. You can get all sorts of equal-or-better Belgians for half the price (De Ranke XX, Chouffe IPA, Hopsinjoor, etc), and some other very comprable American versions for even less.
  7. theo871

theo871 Member

The price was high because it was a fundraiser for Portland Trails.
    BaconCheeseburg and ferillo like this.