1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Comment Problem with review dates if you previously "Had" the beer

Discussion in 'Site' started by Dope, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Dope

Dope Advocate (545) Massachusetts Oct 5, 2010

This isn't a huge deal but could be confusing to some. I had previously "had" a beer about a year ago, and just now I wrote a full review for it. However, when I looked at my beer review list, it wasn't there. It turns out, the review posts under the original date of the "had".

My example, that I posted just now: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10099/1161/?ba=Dope as you can see, it says it was reviewed in Jan of 2012. I even noted the bottling date which is 9 months after my review date.

Not huge but could be a bit strange/confusing. Just thought I'd bring it up since I didn't see any mention of this in a search (maybe because no one cares but me).

Dope

2. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Connecticut Apr 14, 2009

Haha, just noticed this tonight too. I "had" an Enjoy By a while ago but I gave it an actual review tonight. Seeing as it was a 4.01.13 and my review is now a month before that batch was even released....well... :confused:

Dope likes this.
  3. TMoney2591

TMoney2591 Champion (895) Illinois Apr 21, 2009

When you write the review, there's an option just below the review text box to choose between "edit" and "re-revew". The former keeps the original date, the latter makes a new entry entirely, cancelling the previous Had.

corby112 and Dope like this.
  4. Dope

Clearly, we are time-traveling wizards.

Cheers to that!

Dope

davey101 likes this.
  5. animal69

animal69 Advocate (590) Louisiana Sep 21, 2007

I havent reviewed a had yet but i did notice at some point all my hads got skewed by up to 1.5, now wuddup w/ that ? Spent several hrs already changing a bunch of 5's to where they belong !

6. Dope

Ahhhh, thank you for that tip. I didn't even think of that.

Dope