1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Providence People...Nikki's?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by LeRose, Feb 3, 2013.

1. LeRose

LeRose Advocate (545) Massachusetts Nov 24, 2011

Is there more than one Nikki's location? We went tonight and were seriously underwhelmed. If the Nikki's at 33 Smithield Road gets a hundred rating, I am very confused. I don't see any other address looking on the Internet...
  2. RichD

RichD Advocate (640) Rhode Island Mar 18, 2012

That is the correct location. I don't think it's underwhelming at all. They do have a great selection. Also they'll get everything that Rhode Island gets. I will say that the staff isn't particularly friendly to me when I go in and that makes me a little hesitant when I think about returning. The main selling point though, is the fact that they have so many bottles for a mix a six pack. And he breaks up those seasonal packs so if you don't want Sam Adams Alpine Spring you can still the Double Agent IPL.
  3. MVP09

MVP09 Savant (365) Massachusetts Oct 19, 2012

I do like that Nikki's breaks packs. Got 1 bottle of Sam Choco Bock and did not have to buy 3 largers with it. It may not deserve a perfect rating because it can be hit or miss, but aren't all bottle shops? They are very good though. One of the few places that has good founders stuff all the time. Devil Dancer, Impy, Wet Hop, to name a few. Plus fresh NEBCo Sea Hag and 668. Seem to have a good amount of RI only brews too. Plus pretty sure most of what they have goes out on shelves.
  4. LeRose

Ok. Thanks. Maybe it had been a rough Saturday...will give them another shot when get back that way.
  5. surge1311

surge1311 Savant (305) Rhode Island Oct 10, 2012

I believe they are also moving to a larger location so I am assuming they will expand their beer selection and stock. It is a bit decieving in their as well, but they usually always have the newest stuff that comes out in our area and they seem to always be the first to get it. So its a good go to place for the newest beers. Pound for pound one of the best stores around
    Providence likes this.
  6. They are supposed to move to a much larger location in a month or so. The new location will be three times larger than the current one.

Nikki's is great because they get everything that comes to RI. Yankee Spirits has a larger selection, but good luck finding out when a certain beer is coming in. Nikki's usually can tell you when they expect certain beers to come in and have the best Founder's availability in the area.
  7. I love Nikki's, but they are a little underwhelming right now. I chalk it up to them getting ready to move in the near future (I hope).
  8. LeRose

What was funny was the GPS pulled up two locations, but only recognized the Smithfield Road one, figured the other must have been a bar.

Yeah...selection was the one thing they had, but kind of disheveled. It was SuperBowl Saturday and that may have had an effect with the look and see types who can't put stuff back where it came from. Paw thru the craft, buy a case of Natty Lite, lol!