1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Pseudosue Growlers

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by wuntrikpony, Mar 15, 2014.

1. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony Savant (290) California May 22, 2006

I searched the subject but didn't see anything recent. Wondering if growlers are available from the brewery. Had this for the first time and gotta get more.

Best pale ale I've ever had!

pillzsix likes this.
  2. Definitely available at the brewery. Also, usually available to most metro beer fans who are willing to make a 30-45 minute drive to Hudson, Wisconsin.

3. shawnp

shawnp Savant (455) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

Sue in growlers are readily available from TG in Decorah. Also, Sue is bottled which might be easier for you being in California.

4. wuntrikpony

wuntrikpony Savant (290) California May 22, 2006

Actually a random case of it made it's way to a liquor store out here. The place was charging $12 a bottle, but the price gouging couldn't curb my interest. Put it up against Maine Mo and it was on a whole different level.

Thanks guys!

5. 4four4

4four4 Aficionado (215) Minnesota Apr 27, 2007

Solid stuff.

6. That is a about double the bottle price but considering how long the lone was for Toppling Goliath (4 times any other line) at Huna Day sounds like a small price to pay when you realize they would have had to be shipped in. It's not really that expensive for such a highly rated beer.

Edit: In any case growlers are available at the brewery an certainly almost always available to those in the MPLS/STP metro are with a short drive. I only live 15 miles from where we can get growlers. At $5,99 per bottle I would suggest just trading for a few of them. Sometimes we can buy cases.