PtE without bottling date?

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by sandiego67, Mar 2, 2013.

1. I just saw several bottles at a local shop without bottling dates. Is this normal?

I haven't seen that before.

2. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

It's probably on there, just in a weird spot. Look closely around the spot that it normally goes and I think you'll find it.

3. Its been happening a lot lately. They are on there, just printed where its hard to see.​

4. Ok. I need to ship some and I don't want the guys back east to think I was making them in the garage.

jrnyc and ficklenicholas like this.
  5. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Savant (260) California Dec 10, 2010

I like this idea. Make some counterfeit PtE bottles, fill with Bud, sell to unknowing hipsters out of state, profit!

jrnyc likes this.
  6. Saw some a month back with the date off-center but the 2/19 dated bottles were fine.

7. pinkgrenade

pinkgrenade Savant (270) California Aug 19, 2011

pics or it didnt happen

8. jethrodium

jethrodium Savant (260) California Mar 25, 2010

Fill in your own.

9. [​IMG]

JustXBeer likes this.
  10. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Savant (290) California Nov 29, 2012

That Sr is the latest batch.

11. usofar

usofar Initiate (0) California Dec 23, 2010

It's on there just not lined up properly. Happens pretty often lately.

pinkgrenade likes this.
  12. The original 4 that he handed me were worse than this on Friday (when I posted). I went back today I saw him open a new box. These were actually better than the other case.

13. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Savant (395) California Nov 7, 2011

At least RR sent you a shipment down there. My area got stiffed this week making a trade partner of mine wait another week. First world problems I guess.

14. My normal go-to places got stiffed down here last week also. I got these at my 3rd stop.

15. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Savant (395) California Nov 7, 2011

Was the spot that you ended up finding it at a major account or something. I called around all of my spots up here and it was dry within a 100 miles of me. Hope they get it situated this week. Or I'm driving to the pub. :)

16. 02/10/13 on the second bottle.

17. It is a place that always has random stuff and it sits around for a few extra days because they price it higher than their competitors. Their pricing model seems to work because all of the other places sell out right away on the limited distributed beers. Once the competition sells out, these guys have the only beer in town and get the premium.

18. They're trying a new recipe with some preservatives in there, so the beer won't ever go bad.

19. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (480) California Dec 11, 2010

The date is clearly on there, just overlapping with the other text. How did you not see that? It's really apparent with the bottle on the right. U read bro?

This.

20. Do you read?

Post #12 "The original 4 that he handed me were worse than this on Friday (when I posted). I went back today I saw him open a new box. These were actually better than the other case."