1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Pumking sightings in Ky.

Discussion in 'US - South' started by SPLITGRIN, Aug 12, 2012.

1. SPLITGRIN

SPLITGRIN Advocate (550) Kentucky May 13, 2003

Really looking forward to the bigger pumpkin beers this year. I was hoping to find it in Danville or Lexington before it sells through. It always seems to go fast. Thanks for any help.

2. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

Haven't seen it in Lexington yet.

3. kaips1

kaips1 Savant (285) Kentucky Feb 20, 2011

Schlafly pumpkin is at shenanigans

4. semibaked

semibaked Advocate (695) Kentucky Mar 27, 2007

Not in BG it isnt.

5. kaips1

kaips1 Savant (285) Kentucky Feb 20, 2011

in lexington it is and has been

6. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (470) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

Not in Louisville yet but I have seen Schlafly, Shipwreck and Sam Adams. Liquor Barn and Whole Foods.

7. tronto

tronto Aficionado (235) Kentucky Dec 22, 2010

shipwreck? whats this?

8. drfabulous

He probably means Shipyard

tronto likes this.
  9. tronto

I was thinking shipwreck porter from arcadia...got a lil excited. Been wanting to try that.

10. drfabulous

You know, we don't see a ton of Arcadia in Lexington. Or New Holland. A few things, but not much. Not that I'm complaining. Just an observation.

11. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (470) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

Shipyard.

This is what happens when you use your iPhone with autocorrect...

12. tronto

you're not missing much.

13. drfabulous

Probably true. I might have wasted some money on the Mad Hatter series of 22 ounce bottles, though, if they were around.

14. tronto

plenty here if youre ever in town.

15. drfabulous

Every now and then we're in Louisville. But then I waste my money on imports we don't see here (though, thanks to Shenanigans, we are seeing more and more quality Shelton imported products).

tronto likes this.
  16. antzman

antzman Savant (350) Indiana Feb 14, 2005

We got our first run of Pumking in Southern Indiana yesterday. Small amount now, and quite a bit coming in the beginning of September.

I've enjoyed a couple of the New Holland Hatter series. The oaked hatter and the white hatter were really good. I've not tried the black or rye yet.

17. Haven't seen any in Northern KY yet, but I just got back from Jungle Jim's in Fairfield, OH and they had a ton of it. I expect to see it here any day now.

18. SPLITGRIN

SPLITGRIN Advocate (550) Kentucky May 13, 2003

Still no sign of the Pumking in Lexington. I stopped at two LB's and Whole foods on Sunday. I did find some Great Lakes Octoberfest and Schlafly Pumpkin at those locations though. It was a nice consilation overall.

19. erichall

erichall Aficionado (195) Kentucky Nov 13, 2008

Should be appearing this week according to river city rep last week.

20. drfabulous

Looks like Pumpking is in Lexington.

21. Pumking has FINALLY arrived here in Northern KY too. Just saw on Party Source's (Bellevue) website that it is IN STOCK ('bout damn time!).

I never buy that much of this beer, but I do like to have a bottle to drink on Halloween night.

22. We'll never get it here in Owensboro. Our local Bud distributor has the rights to Southern Tier, O'Fallon, Sierra Nevada, GI, etc and absolutely REFUSE to order anything from those brands (except 312, Honkers, SN PA). I've been fighting a battle with them for nearly 3 years now. You don't know how frustrating it is to hear of everyone else getting GI Bourbon County while I sit here with my dick in my hand. Nonetheless, I order less and less from them every single day!