Dismiss Notice
Sneak peek! BeerAdvocate magazine #104 (September 2015) featuring Leah & Oscar from Highland Brewing in Asheville, North Carolina. Learn more ...

Pumpkinator countdown

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by icetrauma, Oct 9, 2012.

1. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (495) Texas Sep 7, 2004

T-6 days and counting.

2. Clutch131

Clutch131 Aficionado (120) Texas Dec 3, 2009

I am waiting. I look forward to getting some but I do not look forward to the chaos........

They said they brewed twice as much this year so hopefully it won't be too hard to get.

3. LSUPT

LSUPT Initiate (0) California Feb 3, 2011

Pissed I didn't get more of this last year, and that I'll have to trade for it this year.

4. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Drink an Alpine, Firestone Walker, The Lost Abbey, or Russian River beer to make yourself feel better ;)

I have full authorization from my female counterpart to buy any and all Pumpkinator spotted in Austin. Operation Nom Nom Pumpkin is a go!

jaymesbawned, JohnBender and LSUPT like this.
  5. Smithrob9999

Smithrob9999 Savant (425) Texas Aug 3, 2011

I only got 1 bottle last year, hopefully I'll get more this year without going out of my way

6. cam_williams

cam_williams Aficionado (225) Texas Oct 3, 2012 Verified

Got about 6 bottles last year, hoping to get the same this year. Opened last years last night, and it was amazing!

7. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

If somebody wants to grab one for me, I'd be happy to pay you back.

I'll be out of pocket until after they are sold out in Houston.

A few folks in the other thread told me they'd try.

8. HopAG

HopAG Savant (495) Texas Sep 22, 2012

Hope you guys are ready for this great race. Feels like an arms race to see who can stockpile the most nukes (Pumpkinators).

9. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

I bought 1 bottle last year. Probably be happy with 1-2 myself this year.

I love the beer, but it's a seasonal thing for me.

I think it would be fun to do a Shlafly, Pumking, DR9, Pumpkinator session. :) Oh, I also have a Jolly Pumpkin La Parcela pumpkin beer too. lol

10. CuriousMonk

CuriousMonk Advocate (535) Virginia Dec 24, 2010 Verified

ISO: Pumpkinator. This has got me intrigued. I have a ton of good local pumpkins here.

11. icetrauma

I still have 1 bottle from last year. Looking forward to a side by side tasting.

BeerHunter76 likes this.
  12. icetrauma

Post up whatcha got.

13. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

I didn't get any last year , I'm trying to get atleast 4 this year. Maybe I'll get lucky and hoard a case. I thought this was funny, via St.Arnold PR "Pumpkinator is bottled in 22 oz bottles. While we brewed twice as much this year as last, we suspect this will only extend its availability by about 17 minutes."

Way to hype it up more lol

14. HopAG

I'll try to get a case if possible. Want to share it with some friends out of state during the Holidays.

15. I Have My Money Set Aside For The Full Case. Before I Wondered How I was Going To get It...Now I Work At My Local store And Receive The Cases Coming In. Buying It as Soon As It's dropped.

16. Azzy

What's the price on these? Or what was it last year $8.99? Prob be my last purchase of the month and maybe a bottle of Bodacous but that's it. Too much in the cellar not getting drank.

17. Lutter

I seem to remember them being in the $10 area.

18. icetrauma

Price point sounds right at around $9/bottle. The good thing about Bodacious is it will be best fresh and will not sit in your cellar to long.

19. FYI : SA PUMPKINATOR is in the CBC(distributor of SA) warehouse waiting for its Release date 10.15 to be shipped to all of ya'll fav stores -

E1G should be getting it around Noon on Monday -

20. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (455) Texas Oct 12, 2006

The Saint Arnold Army hype machine is in full effect! It's at plaid!

hankbenzenberg and icetrauma like this.
  21. icetrauma

They are at full ludicrous speed!

22. Just another reason to hate Texas, can't get any here in MI....

23. Lutter

BTW: My girlfriend/fiance` once dumped a guy immediately for using the words "hate" and "Texas" in the same sentence. True story.

She was doing an internship in another state and the dude said something like "Gawd, I hate that I'm going to have to visit Texas to see you" and her response was "well, dont".

24. Lutter

I am still fully convinced that one day we'll see all 3 of those breweries. My money is on Jolly Pumpkin after them and Jester King find each other and realize they are meant for each other.

In the very least, Bell's. Hell, Florida gets Bells! (And Jolly)

25. pawpaw

pawpaw Savant (355) Wisconsin Jan 18, 2011 Verified

I've been hoping for a JP/JK collab since JK opened. It would be legendary.

26. HoustonZ33

HoustonZ33 Savant (335) Texas Sep 10, 2012

I have a buddy that works at The Woodlands H-E-B... I might be able to get a case of it but am I willing to plunk down $100 on beer?

27. wsnich

wsnich Savant (420) Texas Apr 26, 2010

You must be new to this

sind310, DaveHack, pawpaw and 2 others like this.
  28. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (645) Texas Nov 27, 2011 Verified

Agreed. I didnt have a second thought about plunking down $100 for a case. The first step to dealing with a problem is admitting you have one....:p

jbeezification likes this.
  29. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (450) Texas Jun 6, 2012

I am willing to go half with you on it.

30. icetrauma

I don't remember Pumpkinator being that good.

31. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (455) Texas Oct 12, 2006

I'd be down to split it down even further... Would be nice to skip all the hassle.

32. Azzy

Im definitely buying a case. Probably just go to Central Market at 8 then head over to Specs.

That is if I have enough cash to spend.

33. HoodooOperator

HoodooOperator Savant (275) Texas Sep 27, 2012

THIS. i really dont get the huge boner people have for this. I bought 2 last year, drank 1 and the other has sat in the fridge for the last year.

34. kmello69

I had the new batch at the Texas Craft Brewers Festival last weekend. It was fantastic. I dont know that I'd actually buy a case of anything right now, but my point was that if there was a beer I really wanted, I wouldnt hesitate to spend $100 on a case of it.

35. kmello69

You're right. Its not very good. I'll take that other one off your hands, so you dont have to drink it. :rolleyes:

36. HopAG

DR9 was good, last batch was ok... it left me wanting something more. If this years is better then i'm definitely getting a case of this badboy.

cfh64 likes this.
  37. icetrauma

Only time will tell. I'll be getting 4 for sure. No more but maybe less

38. Ford

Ford Advocate (585) Texas Sep 8, 2012 Verified

I want to grab two of these.. but hopefully I'll at least get 1... I got my Krunkin... so that's a plus..

39. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Savant (455) Texas Sep 30, 2007

If i dont get any, since i work to damn much, let me know if youd be up for a trade or $ for a few bottles Kmello. (or anyone really lol)

40. sind310

sind310 Aficionado (175) California Nov 15, 2011

Well I can help you out if you send me a bottle or two :)

blatherbeard likes this.