1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

PvW and AB black magick...what's it take

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by VernonBaxter, May 2, 2014.

1. VernonBaxter

VernonBaxter Savant (280) Texas May 17, 2013

I want to land both in one go. Could it get done with VSB+ JK MvB and CdT? Is that asking too much? Too little? Is it even worth it? Are these beers as good as everyone says?!?

2. jampics2

jampics2 Advocate (730) Ohio Dec 19, 2008

Yes, IMHO, PvW Black Magick is the best BA stout in years, perhaps ever. AB is also great.

I think you could get PvW for VSB 1-1, but AB was the lowest bottle count and only 2pp.

Good luck!

3. huskermike12

huskermike12 Savant (460) Iowa Nov 14, 2011

I had 3 sets at one point and would do that for sure if I still had any. I thought they were good, but not great. I am in the minority on that opinion it seems.

RyanMcFly1985 likes this.
  4. RyanMcFly1985

RyanMcFly1985 Savant (305) Ohio Oct 20, 2007

I'm in the minority as well. Liked them, but didn't love them. PVW was actually my least favorite of the three.

5. I "might" be the worlds foremost expert on these beers I have traded/bought 15 PVW BM and multiple sets of all 3. PVW BM is my favorite beer. AB is easier to trade for even though there are a few less bottles in the wild than PVW simply because PVW is better by a good bit.

Franky I have soloed a couple of each of the BT and AB and while they were good they were nothing special. PVW on the other hand is hands down my favorite stout ever.

I think 1:1 with VSB is pretty good for PVW. AB can be had for much less from the right person.