1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bug Query Error

Discussion in 'Site' started by acurtis, Oct 26, 2012.

1. acurtis

acurtis Champion (755) New Jersey Sep 27, 2010

I've been receiving this error on BA sporaticly for the last 48 hours or so. This has been received on multiple computers that have been using BA with no issues for months.

Is there an issue?

Error message:

message from webpage
    Load jQuery first!

2. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

No issues that we're aware of, and nothing has changed on our end.

Without knowing what browser your using/version, OS/platform, pages you're on and tasks you're performing during the errors it'll be hard to narrow down the issue. So if you could send me more info that would help.

Thanks.

3. acurtis

Sure. Both machines are running WinXP Pro with SP3 running IE 8.0.6001.18702

It has only happened twice today on machine A (laptop) and about 10 times yesterday on machine A (laptop).

It happened twice in a short timeframe last night on machine B (desktop)

Each and everytime I received the error, I was just doing a page refresh. Usually from the Inbox page.

I will only let you know if I receive the error again. I can send you a screen shot next time. Alan

4. acurtis

I was in a personal message and hit refresh. I could tell something was wrong right away because the page would not load in a resonable about of time. After letting it spin for a minute the following error was received.

[​IMG]

5. stakem

stakem Champion (870) Pennsylvania Feb 20, 2009

I am using Opera version 12.02 windows xp and starting today I also receive this message.
    [​IMG]
    I get the message when I click on a message in my inbox or when I open a thread. It appears as though the area where you type a message in is disabled/doesn't load. I had to open up IE to type this message.