1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Question about buying multiples of limited releases.

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by krl2112, Nov 22, 2012.

1. jmw

jmw Member

Oh yes, one more thing: don't respond defensively to everything negative that is thrown your way. You've done that several times already in this thread. You'll find that something that you consider to be quite innocuous (such as grammar or the word 'collecting') is the thing that some people jump on. Is that 'childish poke' the only thing you took away from my reply to you? You should read it again.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

To be honest the statement about buying 7 Utopias is what did you in, if you had avoided that I bet this conversation would have gone differently.
  3. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Member

Am I the only person thinking pics or it didn't happen? 7 Utopias is a shit load. Hell take a pic of your trades
  4. evilc

evilc Member

I feel the need to go buy 8 Utopias all of a sudden....
  5. krl2112

krl2112 Member

I guess I am done responding to this thread. Thanks to everyone both constructive and non for their comments. Much appreciated and lesson learned on posting on BA from now on. LOL
  6. Brunite

Brunite Member

While I can not speak for the OP; it is quite possible that he also came away with your comments about "nice things to do", "recognizing your own intentions", and others being "quite an ass". He may then have recognized the inconsistency in you practicing what you preach while educating him on teenage girl grammar.

Maybe? Maybe not?
  7. jmw

jmw Member

I think not. But that's one way to look at it of course.
  8. CellarGimp

CellarGimp Member

Its a free country. Do as you please within the confines of the law.
  9. I want to apologize to you OP, i was quoted as an example of why a thread like this goes sour, and you agreed. It was not my intention.

Jmw, i think your post was spot on, and very helpful in explaining the edicate of this sort of thing to all us new BA's. I've always only bought 1 bottle of something to taste. I just now starting to hop into buying multiples in hopes of say, tasting 1, cellaring 1, trading 1. so i am extremely no0bish on this subject.

I think you need tjust use your own personal judgement on this matter. You usually know when your doing something sketch.

It goes all the way back to our sandbox days, "Play nice children"
    "Chris stop biting that poor kid!!" ;)
  10. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Member

"Milk that cow, the best way you know how"
  11. I actually haven't seen it in Texas. (Just moved here a year ago.)

Oh, and everything is backwards in Texas.