1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Question about NotF

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by Patrick, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

I thought the session had sold out well in advance of yesterday's event. That said, it seemed like maybe only 60-70% of the people who bought tickets showed up. Is that an accurate assessment, or were less tickets sold this year than in the past? I imagine someone probably has the real numbers from yesterday.
  2. Todd

Todd Founder (1,430) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

We sold 600 tickets. Roughly 150 industry guests were in attendance. 41 people who bought tickets didn't attend.

We kicked nearly every drop of beer.

For BBF, 800 tickets were sold per session.
  3. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

Weird, it just seemed empty and I noticed the line didn't stay wrapped around the side of the building on my way in, it seemed to end near the corner. Is 600 less than what was sold last year?
  4. Todd

Todd Founder (1,430) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

We sold 50 more tickets at last year's NOTF.
  5. I would probably guess it is just an impact of the organization of the event continuing to get better. I'm sure ever festival they learn something about the layout, ticket line, etc... that can be applied to the next event to make it better.
  6. About 70 folks were ID checked and banded while waiting outside, which made the line move relatively quickly at the beginning. And there was a huge rainstorm that ended at about 5:30, so some folks were delayed in getting to the fest.
    abreyer likes this.
  7. abreyer

abreyer Zealot (80) Massachusetts Mar 25, 2012

line moving relatively quickly: thanks to you :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.