1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Questions about lost packages- help

Discussion in 'Beer Trading General / Help' started by OneBeertoRTA, Dec 1, 2012.

1. OneBeertoRTA

OneBeertoRTA Member

I logged into Fedex today to make sure a package I sent out last week to a first time trader had been delivered and sure enough the package was only in the initiated stage. I typically don't ask for a receipt when I hand it directly to a Fedex employee but have never had problems in the past.

I called up to see what the deal was and they said it hadn't been received. I told them the exact time I dropped the package off and Fedex personell who took it. They ask what was in it and I told them a birthday gift.

I'm going to send out a second package, although, I am really pissed this happned to a new trader and his first experience. I have been told the local office will call me Monday for an update.

Has anyone had experiences with a claim?

* Will they inspect the package if it just happens to be laying around or just ship it as normal?
    * Will they pull the video surveliance I requested to prove I had dropped it off?
    * Why the hell isn't it their policy to give everyone a receipt rather than ask if I need one?

This totally sucks. I am swamped today with the little one and will have to pull together a package before I fly out of town for week tomorrow. Damn Fedex...
  2. bobbidylan

bobbidylan Member

your receipt will be your tracking number. did you drop it off at a Fedex station on a lil pack and ship place? both places should give you a receipt and a tracking num. Fedex wont open your pkg. unless it has a smell or leaking or a strange noise to it.. hope all works out with your pkg.. good luck
  3. eyeenjoybeer

eyeenjoybeer Member

I have had shipment status go from "Initiated" or "Shipping info sent to Fedex" to "On truck for delivery" four or five days later, with no updates in-between. That has happened 2 or 3 times out of 100+, but is has happened. I hope all is well with your shipment.
  4. bradfordjohnson

bradfordjohnson Member

It's too late now but always watch them scan it at the store. For added security ask for the receipt before they scan it too and you're covered. I've honestly stopped doing both now though because I know all of the people at my Fedex store and never have a problem.
    GrumpyOldTroll likes this.
  5. OneBeertoRTA

OneBeertoRTA Member

I have my own account and have the boxes ready to go. I typically just leave it with a Fedex staff and trust them they will scan them in. If there is no line I will get a receipt.

I really hope something like this happens. I haven't heard back from Fedex yet. They were supposed to reach out today. It just sucks it was a first time trader. I packed up a nice second box going out today but I hope the first one turns out safe.

I hear yeah. Now that I found a good Fedex I started to trust their competency and would just hand it to the assistant manager. Without a receipt I'm not sure if I'm SOL. I told them the exact time frame I dropped it off and told them if they have cameras they will see me hand it to the guy.
  6. bradfordjohnson

bradfordjohnson Member

The thing the receipt provides is absolute proof it was handed over and scanned in at that moment so they wouldn't even have to go back and look for the drop.
  7. OneBeertoRTA

OneBeertoRTA Member

Yeah, I messed up. The assistant manager is cool and asked me if I needed a receipt or just wanted to drop off because he was with some other customer. Some woman who was asking question after question and who was having him help fill out the labels. I remember the incident so well, because that annoying customer just didn't know what she was doing...
  8. bradfordjohnson

bradfordjohnson Member

I hate that too. I can tell by the parking lot if it's going to be busy inside. If it isn't I leave my car running, go in and put it on the scale for them and watch them scan it really quick. If busy, I turn off my car and just wait my turn.