1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Questions about ODell

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by GraniteSkunk, Feb 11, 2013.

1. GraniteSkunk

GraniteSkunk Savant (375) Illinois Apr 17, 2007

I thought I could ask this in my other thread, but what the hell, let's live a little and start a whole new one.

I see that Lugene is still on tap at Odell's, as well as a couple other interesting beers. What is their growler policy? Also, what are my odds of finding Lugene in bottles there, or in Fort Collins?
  2. Dolph1979

Dolph1979 Aficionado (125) Colorado Nov 28, 2011

I am not sure about their growler policy, I was there a while back and did not see anyone with a growler, but this is Colorado so you would think they do fills for sure. As far as finding Lugene it shouldn't be a problem, I had a hard time finding it a few weeks ago but it seems to be back in stock everywhere now, and I am in Denver not even FC.

It should be easier to score there, hit up Supermarket Liquors at Mullberry and Lemay cant go wrong there....
    GraniteSkunk likes this.
  3. heyduke

heyduke Aficionado (170) Colorado Jan 14, 2011

You should be able to find Lugene very easily, They sell growlers.
    GraniteSkunk likes this.
  4. heyduke

heyduke Aficionado (170) Colorado Jan 14, 2011

You can also buy bottles at the brewery.
    GraniteSkunk likes this.
  5. GraniteSkunk

Thanks guys. I've been looking forward to trying Lugene(as well as filling up on my other ODell favorites), and I'm also looking forward to checking out the brewery
  6. denver10

denver10 Champion (890) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

They do both 32 oz and 64 oz growlers. As long as Lugene is in season (which I believe is through May) it should be available on tap at their taproom. Same deal with bottles.

Elsewhere, you should not have trouble finding any bottles of theirs, including Lugene, that are currently in circulation at any craft-focused liquor store. Lugene is a stock Odell beer.

If you are going to be up in Fort Collins, 287 Discount Liquors on the South Side still has a nice collection of their past single releases bottles (Shenanigans, Deconstruction, Woodcut #5 an #6, Meddler, Friek, and the just released Amuste). They also have all their regular offerins as well, including Lugene.
  7. Moose90

Moose90 Savant (405) Colorado Nov 25, 2012

Odell's sells growlers in multiple sizes, prices vary and they usually have 12+ beers available for tasters/pints/growlers. Lugene is widely available both on tap and in 4pks. Fort Collins, Greeley, and Loveland have a lot of it, and it is worth seeking out.

Odell's does have good turnover on their taps so it is worth checking what they have before you go in, they are pretty good at updating their list online.

Bottom line – good to go on growlers, and Lugene is readily available in 4pks and on tap.
    GraniteSkunk likes this.
  8. GraniteSkunk

Thanks a heap, folks. Looks like we're staying pretty close to ODell, so I plan on hitting there at least two or three times before heading out of town
    SalukiAlum likes this.
  9. Moose90

You will be glad you did, they do a good tour (free, but they like you to purchase a pint or two), and have a good tap room to hang out in. Always pouring unique stuff on site that you can't get anywhere else.

Cheers.
    GraniteSkunk likes this.
  10. mrbill57

mrbill57 Aficionado (130) Minnesota Feb 21, 2011

I'll second this. They always have a great selection of pilot system beers that are taproom-only.
    GraniteSkunk likes this.
  11. GraniteSkunk

Awesome. We're staying about seven miles from there(for the first couple of nights), so I will be hitting them for sure. Thanks, folks!
  12. Moose90

Staying along I25 or in Fort Collins?
  13. GraniteSkunk

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure where it is - we are staying with my in-laws while we are in Fort Collins. I will have to ask my better half what area it is