1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Racine Area Bottle Shops

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by MVP09, Dec 30, 2012.

1. MVP09

MVP09 Savant (375) Massachusetts Oct 19, 2012

Got a buddy who lives in Racine WI. He can go north or south to MKE or Kenosha. Where are good places to find Bells, New Glarus, Three Flyod's, and Goose Island variants. He is getting into craft an wants to pick up some stuff that will keep. Make an annual trip in Aug so he is gonna be a good friend and stock pile a few for his buddy

2. Three Cellars in Franklin. 76th and Rawson.

3. crossovert

crossovert Champion (790) Illinois Mar 29, 2009

Timers

emerge077 likes this.
  4. Woodman's in Oak Creek, WI

BrownAleMale and funhog like this.
  5. Zeller12

Zeller12 Aficionado (120) Wisconsin Nov 14, 2010

Timers in Racine, Tenuta's in Kenosha. Between the two you can find a ton of beers. The guys at three cellars are pretty cool too. They just don't seem to get as much as the first two.

6. __cesarm__

__cesarm__ Zealot (95) Illinois Jul 7, 2012

Timers in Racine is worth the trip. Good selection. Also you can refill your growler.

7. WITTBEER

WITTBEER Aficionado (245) Illinois Jan 12, 2008

+100 to Timers. Great selection, friendly people. Usually give you 5% off a case if you ask.

8. buzze40

buzze40 Savant (310) Illinois Mar 9, 2010

wittbeer is wise....

9. buzze40

buzze40 Savant (310) Illinois Mar 9, 2010

Or if he really wants to get into it, have him take the half hour drive up to Discount Liquour on Oklahoma in Milwaukee. They have a huge beer list and get all the limiteds.

10. Timers had to stop doing the growler fills a few weeks ago, apparently it is illegal to do growlers at a liquor store. But if in Racine I highly recommend Timers, the group there are great. As well you can travel north to Discount or Three Cellars in Milwaukee.

11. JKIRBY

JKIRBY Aficionado (225) Wisconsin Apr 4, 2010

Tenuta's in Kenosha
    Woodman's in Oak Creek
    Woodman's in Kenosha
    Timer's in Racine

12. Woodmans in Oak Creek is really good. The Kenosha woodmans really sucks compared to Oak Creek. I come from Lake Geneva, take hwy 50 right past Kenosha Woodmans and head north another 20 minutes to the Oak Creek location. For example, I knew the Oak Creek location had some FFF Dreadnaught that I needed to get for a trade and called Kenosha and the lady is like we dont have any FFF product at all right now. I get to Oak Creek and they have Dreadnaught, Moloko, Artic Panzer, and a bunch other FFF. Just dont understand the vast difference in supply between the locations.