1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Raleigh Beer Stores?

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by alysmith4, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Will probably be visiting Raleigh for the World Beer Fest, and I wanted to know where the best place to find some good/unique/rare beer for purchase would be. Also curious if there are any "must see/do" things while I'm there, given it'll only be about 24 hours.
  2. Bottle Revolution, Tasty Beverage, Tyler's Bottle Shop, Bottle Mixx, Triangle Wine Co.
    alysmith4 likes this.
  3. I will add Ridgewood Wine & Beer, a good bottle selection and a great draft line up with 16 taps.

The Busy Bee, and Trophy Brewing.

I have not been to Raleigh Brewing Company yet, they opened about 10 days ago.
    alysmith4 likes this.
  4. Redneckbeerz and I are doing a few of those Saturday evening. Trophy for sure, and tasty
  5. All above are great suggestions. try some NC BBQ if you have not already. The Pit is across the street from Tasty and they also have a good beer list. If not interested in BBQ, hit up Jibarra right next to Tasty . If you go to Bottle Rev try Guasaca right next door. I also second recommendations to the Busy Bee (Raleigh Times is also right around the block).
    alysmith4 likes this.
  6. Can't forget about Sam's Quik shop in Durham, well worth the trip to mecca! The Pit is great, but you will have to have reservations for a weekend!
    kwakwhore and alysmith4 like this.
  7. Definitely hit up Bottle Revolution and Tasty Beverage, I really like all those guys.
    alysmith4 likes this.
  8. Ridgewood Beer & Wine > the Pit > Tasty Beverage > nap > beerfest > Busy Bee for Tots and beer
    alysmith4 likes this.
  9. ewright

ewright Savant (440) North Carolina Oct 25, 2007

I agree... Ridgewood is better than the rest. ;)
    alysmith4 and ASUBeer like this.
  10. Any chance of getting in around 4 on a Sat w/o reservations? The online system is booked already.
  11. Was just asking zencigar, reservations necessary? (Trying to go at 4 tmrw.)
  12. Yes, i would highly recommend reservations, they are on OpenTable. I actually went last night for my birthday, and the place was busy. they have 2011 Backwoods Bastard on draft right now. :)

PS - I suggest trying the Carolina Classic - a little BBQ and a little fried chicken. For sides, the okra, collards, mac & cheese are all great.
  13. Would have been great! Friends I visited wanted to go to Humble Pie (zzzz), so we did that. The worst part is that it was like right next door! :eek:
  14. Guasaca is good and no offense, but if you're on Lake Boone Trail, you need to go to Chubbies tacos if you want mexican
  15. Guasaca is not Mexican. It's Venezuelan.
    SlowWideTurns likes this.