1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Raleigh Tasting Group?

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by Wolfpack2005, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Are there any tasting groups/bottle shares that meet in Raleigh and have room for one more? If so I would definitely be interested. Cheers!

2. Same here.

3. I'd be interested as well. I've thought about starting one up, maybe if we get some more folks interested we could set up a once a month meeting type thing.

4. We have one, but we are in Wendell.

We have a core group of about 15, total group maybe 25. We are about 3 years old, meet monthly on the third Wednesday of the month.

You are welcome to join us.

5. ewright

ewright Savant (440) North Carolina Oct 25, 2007

Out of curiosity, how does a group that big work? A bomber doesn't go far split 15 ways. I've found that 8 is about as big a group as I want. That's close to 3 oz servings, about what you get at a beer fest.

Cheers!

6. We have one in Durham with a guy from Greensboro that comes. Its pretty impromptu and random. Wednesday nights and saturday early evenings are normal.

7. Our group is not a formal tasting group, many times I miss a beer that I wanted to try because I was talking to someone and did not realize that it was opened. We have some that show up at 7:00 and leave at 9:00, some that show up at 9:00 and leave at 11:00, and a few are there the whole time.