1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

RareR D.O.S.

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by Reagan1984, Jan 8, 2013.

1. A buddy picked me up a couple of the 500Ml growlers....
    Can anyone tell me how much these were selling for? Also was the # of bottles released published?

Thanks for any help.

2. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

I can tell you that one should be sent my way.....seriously though im not sure on cost to be honest but im sure you will enjoy it. Ive heard nothing but amazing things about it

3. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

I think they were $20 and somewhere between 300-500 growlers.

Then again I could be very mistaken on the numbahs.

4. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

It is delicious. That is the pertinent info.

5. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

Doesn't your buddy know how much he paid? Just teasing; it was $20/500ml growler. They released 3 per person, although some people ended up with more. Sooooo good.

6. beernads

beernads Advocate (530) Florida May 4, 2012

After everyone that was in line got their bottles, they had 12 cases for those who got back in line to purchase more. There wasn't a limit on the second go around.

7. The wife and I got 3 each, we didn't didn't line up for the second go. But here is something nice, some of our friends drove up from fort lauderdale and due to a medical emergency they got on the road pretty late. By the the time they got to pegs they were already sold out, we walked up to the back where the line started and told Doug their situation and he was awesome enough to give them their share from his reserve.

Bluecane and powpig2002 like this.
  8. JohnBender

JohnBender Savant (445) Texas Apr 20, 2012

Out of curiosity, not trying to be a dick, why is this posted in Southwest? Is there another producer of RareR besides Peg's in Gulfport?

lokieman likes this.
  9. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (415) Texas Jun 6, 2012

You're not being a dick. I was wondering the same thing.

10. Danielbt

Danielbt Savant (380) Texas May 4, 2012

One of the bros can't tell east from west apparently.

11. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (505) Texas Apr 13, 2010

Yankees aren't too smart ;)

12. didn't even realize hahaha, Golfport is in west Florida and somewhat south I guess.

13. Because Todd moved it there. I posted in the "Beer Talk" forum and it was moved.

14. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

Bring it to Houston and share with me. :)

Hope you enjoy it, I've heard wonderful things but don't have a regular FL trading partner and not enough rare stuff to pull one with a new trader.

Cheers!

15. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

I'm from South Florida and that's about as South as Pittsburgh.