1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Rarest of the Rare Cantillon

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by eandersen, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Hmmm... not sure I follow you here. Without Brett Brux/Pedio/Lacto, there isn't sour beer.. or at least these kinds of sour beers. There are a number of places that outline how these particular yeast strains act upon the unfermented wort.. in what order they take place, how long these particular strains act upon the wort etc... absolutely, the blender has a HUGE impact on the finished product.. but none of it 'happens' without those yeast strains.

Would certainly be interesting to see if another region would be able to produce a similar product. A somewhat expensive experiment, but could be fun!!

2. AndrewK

AndrewK Savant (375) California Oct 20, 2006

I had a 2012 the other week as well as thought it was really good as well, didnt have it fresh though so cant really compare. But definitely tasting great right now.

3. kdb150

kdb150 Savant (490) Pennsylvania Mar 8, 2012

So how do you manage to land these rarities, without a stock of things to trade in return? Straight cash?

4. I think you're giving him too much credit here. Why buy fake beer when he can create it himself?

bum732, Rau71, ForkAndSpoonOp and 6 others like this.
  5. joel66

joel66 Savant (455) New York Sep 1, 2012

The pinot Will be drank not traded. So im not concerned

6. joel66

Real funny considering you know exactly where and who i got that bottle from

7. will the cantillon illuminati reveal that information, or maybe you already said too much???? :eek:

Lare453, JulianB and GrumpyOldTroll like this.
  8. joel66

He doesnt have anything else for sale so it doesnt matter. . But i find that comment which was made in vein humorous considering the circumstances.

But, you know what? I created it myself. Its not really pinot, i decided to to fake the least impressive bottle in the picture . Trader beware when i decide to trade one of my pinots, my favorite cantillon.. beware, its fake,,,, i created it... yeah, its fake

themind likes this.
  9. i hope i can hit this point some day, zwanze day was amazing all i want is loons now. maybe i should just put in one massive order on belgiuminabox

10. I have no idea what or who you are talking about. I'm sure it's all part of the next scheme though.

fiedler84, Michigan, Rau71 and 3 others like this.
  11. joel66

That loerik is willing to sweden

forgetfu likes this.
  12. FTFY. But seriously, no idea.

Michigan likes this.
  13. sidetracked

sidetracked Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 9, 2009

How much did the Pinot d' Anus set you back? I'm sure the price point is way higher than I'd be willing to pay, but still curious.

14. Isn't that just the zwanze 2011 pinot d'aunis? I don't think the OG version came out when Cantillon was using the new black caps.

Edit: the one I drank had this sticker on it [​IMG]

gn0sis likes this.
  15. Mamouche is the worst out of all the ones I've had, IMO.

16. vermont

vermont Initiate (0) Vermont Sep 10, 2013

Some of that cantillon is worth it, but I prefer Ann to just about all of them.

WillardSmith likes this.
  17. vermont

vermont Initiate (0) Vermont Sep 10, 2013

Thanks for the support. Ann truly is world class.

JulianB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.