1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Rasputin Floats

Discussion in 'Beer & Food' started by GardenWaters, Feb 25, 2013.

1. GardenWaters

GardenWaters Member

I saw these on North Coast's website and had to try one. Damn, these are delicious! Anyone else ever tried one?
  2. Jacurdy60

Jacurdy60 Member

I bet it would be even better with a Founders Breakfast Stout.
  3. NickyDee21

NickyDee21 Member

I made one with a FIS, cookies and cream ice cream, and shaved some chocolate over it with a cheese grater. It was an awesome dessert.
  4. JuniperJesus

JuniperJesus Member

This is a great way for all the cry babies and Goose Island haters to salvage their "infected" Night Stalker.
  5. lemongelo

lemongelo Member

The main thing is to remember the ice cream is going to magnify the flavors in the beer way more than you expect. For North Coast, I actually think Old Stock is a better choice, because of the sweetness. I had it with a mole pablano ice cream that was incredible! Also, beware of the head! Pour just a little beer in first to see the interaction. What I was saying about flavors being magnified though...if a beer is malty for example, it is going to become very bitter. So it is really important to pick the right ice creams. I think Sean Paxton would be the best person to discuss this with. The Home Brewed Chef knows how to pair!
    Willbfun likes this.
  6. Jason

Jason BA Founder Staff Member

Bet it would go great with some burnt sugar ice cream ...
  7. Hopsiam14

Hopsiam14 Member

Or a buffalo sweat with vanilla beans :)
  8. Stouttyme

Stouttyme Member

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout floats owns all.
  9. mscott1975

mscott1975 Member

I did one with Founders Porter the other night on a whim. It was very good. Like the previous post said, watch out for head. I filled mind about 1/3 of the way. Also, the alcohol from the beer was more pronounced than I expected. But still pretty good.