1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Re-rating: Bells Two Hearted

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by rvajohn, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CellarGimp

CellarGimp Savant (465) Missouri Sep 14, 2011

Two Hearted rocks so hard. Dogging it is just wrong. Ain't nobody got time for dat.
  2. it does not matter what IPA ive had will always come back for 2hearted
    surfcaster likes this.

3. I hear it all the time working in a bottle shop. We do a weekly beer tasting which usually includes an IPA or DIPA, and hear people complain about not liking the hop characteristics of bygone ipa's after consuming massive quantities of DIPA's. If you read other beer forums, you'll encounter these threads often. Not to mention the yearly "I liked Hopslam a lot more last year" thread.
    GeezLynn likes this.
  4. rvajohn

rvajohn Aficionado (245) Virginia Nov 22, 2012

If I had it I would. That batch happened to be about 5 months old after I learned how Bells dates their bottles. I've had fresh since then and it reaffirmed my love for that beer. The fresher the better for this one
  5. Two Hearted is amazing and does not get the credit it deserves.
  6. drh88

drh88 Savant (260) Pennsylvania Dec 21, 2005

I love IPA's, I drink a lot of different IPA's, there are lots of IPA's available, the craft beer market is saturated with IPA's. I come back to Two Hearted repeatedly, year after year it is still one of my favorites.
  7. I'd love to be able to get fresh Two hearted regularly in my area. The one time I had it, the bottles were round a month and a half old and were excellent.
  8. So happy to see a shangy's reference, that place is friggin' awesome
  9. nc41

nc41 Advocate (650) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

IMO this dating code stuff is BS everyone's different. Just put a simple bottling/canning date on it and be done with it. I'll do the math from there.
    rvajohn likes this.
  10. You are a long standing member of BA but that being said, a d#$%head comment. Saying Two Hearted is garbage is just trolling.
    rvajohn likes this.
  11. rvajohn

rvajohn Aficionado (245) Virginia Nov 22, 2012

Amen!
  12. I'm a dickhead and a troll because I think Two Hearted is a garbage IPA when I have no ill will against Bell's and happen to love most of their lineup?

Ok. I guess if that makes me a dickhead and a troll, what does it make you to say such awful things?
    rvajohn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.