1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Real Ale Brewing Co. To Start Canning

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Jason, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Jason

Jason Founder (1,300) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

BLANCO, TX (June 2012) – Real Ale Brewing Co. is pleased to announce the addition
    of 12 oz. aluminum cans to their package options. Real Ale will begin canning Firemans
    #4 Blonde Ale this summer and plans to can more of their beers in the near future.
    “We are excited to offer this new package to our consumers in Texas,” said Brad
    Farbstein, Real Ale Brewing president. “It’s a great option for keeping beer cold and
    fresh, it’s super portable for packing in and out of outdoor areas, and it’s 100%
    recyclable.”

Firemans #4 cans will be available in the Austin and the Hill Country markets just in
    time for the 4th of July holiday and throughout the state of Texas by early August.

About Real Ale Brewing Company:
    Founded in Blanco, Texas in 1996 in the basement of an antiques store, the Real Ale Brewing
    Company has grown into the 45th largest craft brewery in the country, despite only selling its
    beer in Texas. From their current facility in the Texas Hill Country, Real Ale's dedicated team of
    brewers produces a wide variety of exceptional ales & lagers using only the finest natural
    ingredients.

For more information about the brewery and beers please visit www.realalebrewing.com and
    follow on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Real-Ale-Brewing-Company/85360426538.
    ###
  2. Drewskis

Drewskis Disciple (55) Jun 20, 2012

Drink their beer all the time and good to hear it is an option to take out on the river floats.
  3. I received three of their beers as extras last week and they were all pretty good!
  4. Drewskis

Which ones did you get?
  5. Lost Gold IPA, Sisyphus and 15th anniversary.
  6. Drewskis

The IPA and 15th anniversary are good, yet to have the Sisyphus.
  7. The Sisyphus is currently my favorite barleywine. I have yet to open my 15th Anniversary.

I would like to see Real Ale expand their distro
  8. drewseslu

drewseslu Aficionado (170) Texas Jan 1, 2005

I was down there recently, the Comac canning line is pretty slick.
  9. kexp

kexp Savant (265) North Carolina May 10, 2007

I saw something that looked like a Real Ale outpost under one of the SA Riverwalk bridges when I visited two months ago. Wanted to try it, but never saw it open, though.
  10. Danielbt

Danielbt Savant (380) Texas May 4, 2012

Bought my first 6 of Fireman's 4 cans. Made me so, so happy. Perfect river-floating beer.
  11. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Too bad you cant bring cans to our nearby rivers anymore.

Been seeing a lot of F4 cans around... i want their Pale Rye Ale in cans.
  12. Danielbt

Danielbt Savant (380) Texas May 4, 2012

Stupid New Braunfels.

Fortunately, the Horseshoe is out of their jurisdiction.