1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Real Ale Brewing Company Introduces Brewers' Cut Series

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by Todd, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Real Ale’s “Research & Development” program releases first two projects

BLANCO, TX, October 18, 2012 – Real Ale Brewing Co. is pleased to announce the introduction of their BREWERS’ CUT series of craft beers. The brewing team at Real Ale will be researching and developing new recipes to be brewed and released in small batches throughout the year. Real Ale plans to gather feedback and opinions about the beers via social media. This input from consumers and retailers will be used to determine if a particular beer will return for another Brewers’ Cut appearance, or perhaps move into a regular seasonal or full-time Real Ale Brewing Co. offering. These limited edition special releases will be available on draft and in 12 oz. bottles. Some releases will be in a 6-pack configuration and others in a 4-pack, depending on the beer style. The first release is Signature Hop Pale Ale, an American Pale Ale featuring the German hop variety HERKULES. The second release is Black Quadrupel, a Belgian style with Black Belgian malt. Next up in the Brewers’ Cut series will be a Dry-Hopped Porter and Imperial Red Ale.

http://www.BrewersCut.com
    http://www.facebook.com/BrewersCut

About Real Ale Brewing Company:
    Founded in Blanco, Texas in 1996 in the basement of an antiques store, the Real Ale Brewing Company has grown into the 45th largest craft brewery in the country, despite only selling its beer in Texas. From their current facility in the Texas Hill Country, Real Ale's dedicated team of brewers produces a wide variety of exceptional ales & lagers using only the finest natural ingredients.

For more information about the brewery and beers please visit http://www.realalebrewing.com and follow on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Real-Ale-Brewing-Company/85360426538.

###

2. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (455) Texas Feb 13, 2007

Loves me some Real Ale!

croll2000 and willandperry like this.
  3. Show

Show Aficionado (235) Texas Jul 21, 2011

drinking some of the Quad- very very tasty stuff!
    ..gonna lose a few bottles in the back of my fridge for a couple of years.

dumptruck81 likes this.
  4. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

8 bucks a 4-pack hard to beat too. Great winter/cold weather brew...

5. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (495) Texas Sep 7, 2004

That's a great bargain. Where can you purchase these beers at?

6. lokieman

Spec's, some HEB's and the better bottle shops around Austin is the only place I've seen them. I'm sure they're all over San Antonio since it's a Real Ale release. Seems to be a good amount...shouldn't be too hard to find

7. icetrauma

It is if your in Houston.

8. lokieman

I'm not that in tune with Real Ale's distro but I'm sure Specs in Houston will have it at some point. The Specs in the Austin area have plenty...

9. no way... never heard of these brewer's cut beers

who makes em? when do they come out? word on the street is that they are putting out a blue wit and a stale-hop pils

just tellin ya what i heard

10. They are at a lot of HEBs here in austin. Grabbed some of the Black Quad tonight.

11. mattchow

mattchow Savant (380) Texas Jun 24, 2012

sweet press release, bought some at HEB in Houston.

12. The Pale Ale is The BEST real Ale I Have Had. I Was Honestly Surprised By It. Have Yet To Try The Quad

13. mattisloco

Anyone see these in DFW?

14. Had the quad last night and I really really enjoyed it!

15. Clutch131

Clutch131 Aficionado (110) Texas Dec 3, 2009

First I have heard of this. I have not seen any of it Houston shops yet but I will be looking for the black quad.

16. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Savant (380) Texas Apr 30, 2011

So, anyone willing to pick up some black Quad and bring it to La Muerta Day if we don't see it in Houston by then? Please, please pretty please?

17. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Advocate (500) Nevada Jan 20, 2010

Yes.

18. Danielbt

Danielbt Savant (380) Texas May 4, 2012

Love the black Quad, tasty stuff. I hope we start seeing casks of it around town.

19. lefty12

lefty12 Aficionado (170) Texas Feb 6, 2010

Found the Black Quad at Specs Midtown this afternoon. They had a pretty good amount of it.

20. frogfan

frogfan Savant (370) Texas Sep 4, 2009

Hall's said they got both in yesterday. Haven't been buy yet though.

mattisloco likes this.
  21. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Savant (380) Texas Apr 30, 2011

Awesome, thank you!! :)

22. Danielbt

Danielbt Savant (380) Texas May 4, 2012

Not great. Smells and tastes like rotten hay.

Guess I'm not a fan of that hops.

23. kaidasz

kaidasz Aficionado (155) Texas Apr 3, 2010

picked up both today at heb in cypress, had 2 of the pale ale and was satisfied w/it. actually, the first sip and smell reminded me of new belgium's Dig. i love me some Dig in the late spring/early summer but after a few more sips, the herkules did not measure up to Dig's Nelson hops. i am going to have a black quad later, hoping that is a winner as i would like this series to be good.

24. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

Drinking my second Mysterium beer of the the week. First was Shipwrecked, now is Scots Gone Wild.

Both have been good, but Scots is excellent. Rye-on-Rye soured.

PLEASE do this often! Bottles+

25. icetrauma

Sounds interesting. Love me some Rye-on-Rye.

26. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

I love Scots Gone Wild.

This series is a step in the right direction... they need to be as creative in their bottled beers as they are with their draft and seasonal releases. Now someone get these guys some more barrels so they can make us 750mL bottles of the Mysterium series.

[​IMG]

Better yet make them 375mL... cork and cage them... charge $10 each... and we can pretend that we're drinking Russian River.

air likes this.
  27. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Savant (430) Texas Sep 30, 2007

Why have i not heard of this Real Ale Quad!!!! NEED! WANT! FIND!!!

lol, for whatever reason, belgians are becoming my go to beer over my stouts and porters lately. Tripels and Quads specificly.

28. HopAG

HopAG Savant (485) Texas Sep 22, 2012

Picked up a 4 pack at specs midtown today. Very well made and delicious!

29. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

I put Scots close to Boxers. Highlighted the barrels I think a bit more than Boxers but lacked the awesome grass Saison-ish notes. Hopefully when you combine the MV and Brewers Cut releases we have another established brewer flexing the boundaries of the Texas landscape.

30. Ford

Ford Savant (480) Texas Sep 8, 2012

Ok.. I need the Quad... must get some.

I love Real Ale... one of my favorite Texas breweries... the 16th Anniversary is so, so good.

31. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Savant (465) Texas Feb 21, 2011

Could have sworn I saw some a heb 2920@45

LadyOfMuchBeer likes this.
  32. Lutter

Nom nom nom...

[​IMG]

Second today, actually... Draught House had it on tap. It's VERY good stuff!

Upfront it has a very traditional Quad taste but a very malt-centric backend. I'm getting a few to sit down before it runs out... it'll be interesting to see how this changes over time.

Can't wait for the next release which includes an Imperial Red! My favorite beer style, yes please!

33. mattisloco

Have you had Peticolas Velvet Hammer?

34. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (550) Texas Apr 26, 2007

Tried both recently. The Pale Ale was okay, but honestly I think Rio Blanco is better. I think the Quad will be wonderful with some age on it. Definitely tasted young, and I'm not a big fan of young quads.

35. Lutter

Haven't seen it in Austin... is it bottled?

36. JoeDurp

JoeDurp Savant (255) Texas Nov 5, 2011

My brother bought me the quad and it has potential with a few years of cellaring

37. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (445) Texas Oct 12, 2006

Found the Quad at Smith St. today, is the Pale available in Houston, too?

38. CoogBrew

CoogBrew Aficionado (105) Texas Nov 25, 2010

Buffalo Speedway and Bunker Hill HEB's have cases of the pale.

BeanBone likes this.
  39. mattisloco

Draft only. I'll be down in late December, if you'd like a growler bm me.

40. Ford

Ford Savant (480) Texas Sep 8, 2012

I picked up the Pale today at HEB in Friendswood... they did not have the Quad.. which of course is what I really want the most.